Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2024 Acura Integra Type S

Old 03-22-2023, 09:45 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by silvio1522
You would of thought Honda had learned by now, right? Obviously they're not reading these forums. That's why there are so many CTR sitting on dealer lots, unable to sell at discount prices. The Integra will probably be the same. Eventually they'll get it right I'm sure.

I see what you did there.

Originally Posted by vader1
What is the price for a LEGIT sports sedan with a manual these days?

The universal praise for the Type R is there, the materials will be better, probably have heated seats, and you can row your own gears. I don't love the price, but the next best thing is to either drop down to a Elantra N or whatever it is called, or pony up $70k for an M3 to get a stick. The Subie and Golf with manuals are ok, but small interior and short wheelbase ride. Otherwise they are decent.

If you are like me an fed up with automatics, the S3 or 2 series (short of the M2) does not cut the mustard.

Price is high? Look at every car these days. Want a fun manual? Choices are severely limited. This is a fun daily, with a better interior than the Type R , good power, great dynamics, and 15 year reliability most likely. Nearly every well contented Jeep, minivan, pickup, SUV goes for more than $50k these days.

Would I like better exterior styling than the Civic it is based on? Sure. But when enthusiasts ask for this kind of car, and then don't buy it, they go away.

I am fine if they don't sell. Means I can get one cheaper.

All very fair points. I do feel there is going to be a bit of a bubble burst soon, it's already starting to trickle. The problem is that any interesting used had crazy inflated prices due to the Carvanas and Shifts of the world dramatically overpaying for used cars to rob inventory from each other. So as all near new vehicles got inflated pricing, it trickled down, then the boredom/yolo influence of Covid, etc etc. Well, those companies are starting to pay less for cars, credit is getting expensive, supply chain coming back online, so it's a matter of time before prices start to go down.

For instance, the 21 Miata RF I had I got like 37k from Shift selling it to them. That same car is now listed for 32k, with other dealer selling it for even less, yes factoring in 2022s.

The jump in price for the Si and CTR is somewhat laughable. Yes, the car is notably good, but it's more design than it is quality/material, could even be argued manufacturing may be less considering the simpler, cleaner design. Granted materials these days are more expensive though.

From an OEM standpoint, stocking just enough cars makes a ton more sense than over building and then having to discount, but there are a ton of dealers dying to justify all their square footage to the point I'm sure they're hounding OEMs to build more.

In any rate, your points are very valid, stuff is just so darn expensive and it's tragic when median income is clearly not keeping pace.
Old 03-25-2023, 06:01 PM

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Many Honda fans in the world with very little enthusiast product with Honda or Acura badging leads to this.

If you want a more intense product than a CR-V or RDX, you're likely gonna have to pay some premium (sticker, mark up, both).
Old 03-25-2023, 08:52 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Just saw a camoed type S up close at cars and coffee. Basically looked like an accord body with fender flares, rear diffuser and a hood scoop. So yeah.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:42 PM

Finally saw an integra in the wild today, which is saying something that it took this long to see one. In any rate the car seems big. I do like the throwback cutout under the truck lid though.
Old 03-26-2023, 04:51 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
For instance, the 21 Miata RF I had I got like 37k from Shift selling it to them. That same car is now listed for 32k, with other dealer selling it for even less, yes factoring in 2022s.
Holy Cow. ND2's are five years old already? 24's due out this summer. Wasn't the switch in 19? Time flies.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:29 PM

Holy Cow. ND2's are five years old already? 24's due out this summer. Wasn't the switch in 19? Time flies.
Just about. Time flies.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:49 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

Finally saw an integra in the wild today, which is saying something that it took this long to see one. In any rate the car seems big. I do like the throwback cutout under the truck lid though.
I see a few a week. They do nothing for more. IMO, in person they look bigger than photos. And from the front they're 100% indistinguishable from any other Acura car (which is admitted a flaw with many automakers these days).
Old 03-27-2023, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
I see a few a week. They do nothing for more. IMO, in person they look bigger than photos. And from the front they're 100% indistinguishable from any other Acura car (which is admitted a flaw with many automakers these days).
What's crazy is that I have only ever seen one here in the Bay Area, which is crazy because even here cars like the Camry TRD has a following, lol.

Yeah I wouldn't be mad if it had a corporate front end that actually looked good. They could've slapped on Honda badges and I wouldn't think anything of it really. I dunno, I mean I get it if I really wanted some sort of enthusiast car, but wanted something nice to commute in, something practical and reasonably economical, so I get what they're trying to capture.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:11 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Yeah I wouldn't be mad if it had a corporate front end that actually looked good.

It is not the front end that bothers me. The Acura face looks fine I guess, but the Civic the Integra is based on is just a big bland slab of metal from the side profile. Hardly anything special. Pretty uninspired. Some colors hide it better than others.

The following users liked this post:
jeffbrig (03-29-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 03:47 PM

It is not the front end that bothers me. The Acura face looks fine I guess, but the Civic the Integra is based on is just a big bland slab of metal from the side profile. Hardly anything special. Pretty uninspired. Some colors hide it better than others.

It's kinda funny when you think about it, the Civic's quarter glass looks like it was misstyled on purpose so the Integra could have a better quarter glass, lol.

I mean Hondas in general used to have very conservative designs, most of the beloved models, EF through EK, DC1, DC2, NA1, NA2, AP1/2, etc etc all have pretty bland styling relatively speaking. On this new Integra, I just really don't like how the front end could be mistaken for an RDX, which is bad because the RDX is also a very blah looking vehicle. Frankly, they could've went super simple, just put a big wide mouth with the double headlights and I'd actually like it. I don't mind the back.

I actually like the current Civic's design. Boring, absolutely, but it's also not ugly and has clean endearing design, a throwback in mentality to the beloved 90s Hondas. I mean look at the BMW m2 thread, people are lusting for the older BMWs which are very plainly styled.

Quick Reply: 2024 Acura Integra Type S