Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

6:00+ minute video of 2010 Camaro during testing

Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geminimech,Apr 25 2008, 02:26 AM
Hmmm...Let's analyze this. Unless your really poor at reading comprehension or just plain ignorant, I believe what I said was, "It kinda looks like its sitting on a Corvette chassis" as in by giving it an eye test as far as vehicle dimensions, it seems to me in my OPINION as if it may be sitting on a vette chassis. As it seems you are a proud owner of a GM built vehicle (a corvette at that ) you would know that for them and most other car makers, its not out of the realm of possibility to put multiple cars on the same platform, ie XLR.

As far as the car goes, I didn't say I hated it (refer to the first 10 or so posts), I said we'll have to wait and see as I can appreciate Camaros or any other American car for that matter. I NEVER in any way stated I was an expert, all I did was give an Opinion. You know one of those things that everyone has? Which I believe was the point of this thread....to give your opinion on something you've watched. While I also respect yours, don't get so offended at the fact that someone voiced one that you did not accept. I'm sure you have done that on numerous occasions yourself.

As far as lapping the ring 30+ seconds faster, that would be quite impressive and I would love to see that myself, as I stated earlier I appreciate any vehicle as I believe myself to be an enthusiast and would find that very impressive.

Now to play the devils advocate. A camaro lap the ring faster than an s2000 . Maybe I'll eat my words who knows. One thing for certain, I'll stand behind what I say. So if it does, you can give me crap for it later . I guess what I'm trying to say is relax man, don't take peoples opinions personally. If mine makes me sound like an idiot then so be it, I have to live with myself at the end of the day not you, so don't get caught up in that.

Take care my friend.
Nothing personal, and I am only offended at your lack of knowledge. No. it is not a C6 chassis, not even close to the same size.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by candyass,Apr 25 2008, 08:37 AM
Nothing personal, and I am only offended at your lack of knowledge. No. it is not a C6 chassis, not even close to the same size.
Apologies I am by no means a Chevy expert and while I have ample enough knowledge about an automobile, I'm sure (and apparently so are you) that it needs some polishing. Still no need to be offended.