Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Acura a failure? WTF?

Old 04-12-2003, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From day one I said that this was trash. FWD = BORING!!!! Luxury? I guess a honda with leather is luxury. I would buy a Infiniti, Lexus, BMW, Benz, or caddy any day of the week!
Old 04-12-2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by damcgee
This is so easy for us to understand, why can't Honda understand it? If honda wants to sell FWD Accords with 4/6 cylinders, FINE, that's perfect for that car. But when you pay a premium price, you expect a permium product. And for most 'Mericans, premium does not mean FWD V6.
I don't think that it is a failure of understanding for Honda. I think that they just don't care. They use Acura as a half-assed way of appealing to the current Honda owner who is looking to move upscale. There's no chance that Acura will be stealing Infiniti or Lexus sales, let alone BMW or MBZ. I would imagine that even Honda knows this, but they aren't paying the proper amount of attention because they've been selling too many Civics, Accords, Odysseys, and MDXs these past few years. Unfortunately, they'll probably have to learn this lesson the hard way.

So, yeah, I basically agree with that article. Actually, I don't mind the Acura naming scheme except for the RSX. Renaming the Integra is too much like ignoring their heritage. Stupid move. But the rest of the article isn't all that bad.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by StrangeDaze
I don't think that it is a failure of understanding for Honda. I think that they just don't care. They use Acura as a half-assed way of appealing to the current Honda owner who is looking to move upscale. There's no chance that Acura will be stealing Infiniti or Lexus sales, let alone BMW or MBZ. I would imagine that even Honda knows this, but they aren't paying the proper amount of attention because they've been selling too many Civics, Accords, Odysseys, and MDXs these past few years. Unfortunately, they'll probably have to learn this lesson the hard way.

So, yeah, I basically agree with that article. Actually, I don't mind the Acura naming scheme except for the RSX. Renaming the Integra is too much like ignoring their heritage. Stupid move. But the rest of the article isn't all that bad.
In other words, Honda is aspiring to be like Kia.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:24 AM

Damn! I was looking at the prices of these options and I almost shat in my pants!

Metal-Look Trim Kit $359.00
All-Season Floor Mats $129.00
MP3 Player $459.00
Audio Attachment Kit $92.00
Wheel Locks $49.00
Side Under Body Spoiler $452.00
Rear Under Body Spoiler $358.00
Front Under Body Spoiler $358.00
Rear Wing Spoiler $599.00
Engine Block Heater $75.00

Geez the spoiler cost more than the MP3 player, the engine block heater, and the Wheel locks combined (all overpriced also)! Also, the mats should be standard, the audio attachment should be 24 bucks at most, and the trim kit should be REAL metal for the price that they are charging. I guess Honda just wants to rape Semi-Luxury car buyers. Atleast it isn't as bad as Porsche. TSX buyers better hope that H and A Accessories can give them the hookup.

Phi