Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any Highschool Drivers?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see maybe being able to buy the car.. but not insuring it too!?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:07 PM

Haha I know a 19 year old who is spoiled & act like a retard. He just got a 2007 White S2000 as his first car, that his mommy bought for him.

They paid $27,000 in cash and he didn't have to pay a dime. He doesn't pay for insurance ($2000 for 6 months) and I'm pretty sure he gets an allowance for gas because hes not even working.

The guy can't even drive manual properly. He jerks everywhere even on the fwy when he shift. I feel bad for the S. He acts very immature and constantly makes stupid comments acting like hes a white boy or Gggg-Unit.

Yes, I am jealous to those who got it easy because I'm 22 and I had to buy it myself. I paid everything in cash. It took me almost 3 years to save up from work and selling stuff.

I pay for the car and pay for the insurance and it just sucks to see to see that a nice car like the S2000 given to someone that didn't have to do anything to earn it.

I think I would be cool with him if he didn't act like hes black and if he didn't type LikE tHiS aLL tHe TiMe. Very annoying.... I'm pretty sure not all high school kids are like this but theres always a couple.

My first car was a corolla, if I had the S as a first car, I don't think I would appreciate it as much.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 PM

ohh i insure my own cars to. But yeah i have a strong hatred for kids whos parents do everything for them. Its absolutly rediculious esspacially when they do nothing to desearve but breath. and mommy and daddy fork out crazy amounts of money for the little prick
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM

Jeep wrangler was my high school car (mommy and daddy)
Now i have an s2k in college working 30 hours a week (I pay for EVERYTHING on my car)
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bliss@5200,May 6 2008, 08:04 AM
i no some people hate to hear about young kids driving the S2k or any nice car for that matter, I get irratated with it to esspacially when they say there parents are " helping" them. However i bought my S almost immediately after i graduated. How you ask? I worked 50 hours a week for 2 years straight. Work was my life and i saved as much as possible. In the end i came out with 17 grand on MY own money and a S2000. My first car was a rsx-s which yes my dad leased for me, however instead of sitting on my ass with a free car i worked my ass off for a S2k which i feel is pretty respectable. Could i afford my S if i lived on my own? prabably not but thats something i thank my parents every day for. If you are to aquire this car in a respectable way and not getting it handed to you then thats good enough for me. For Everyone to who bought their own S with absolutly no help from your parents or anything you get
With spelling and grammar like that, I know for sure you spent 50 hours a week in high school working.

This thread should have been called "HS kids circle jerk each other."
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 PM

Im a junior and i have a scion tc. This summer my dad and I are getting an s2000 for a project/ track car.

At my high school there is a kid who got a brand new m6 for his birthday.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,May 7 2008, 10:38 AM
With spelling and grammar like that, I know for sure you spent 50 hours a week in high school working.

Yes, because an internet forum is a testament to his "real-life" English skills.

I'm 18 years old, I have a MY03 that I pay every penny for. I pay State Farm $213.21 every month (two cars) ON MY OWN. I do my maintence ON MY OWN. Sure, if I didn't live with my parents there would be no way I could afford an S2000 and I do thank my mother every day for busting her ass for my sake. Hell, I pay for school ALL ON MY OWN.

While some of you think that financing an S at my young age was a huge mistake, I discovered that having this $18,670 responsibilty has made me a better, more responsible person today.

I'm sorry if it seems like a rant (which it is), but I'm sick of some of the older members here who think that every S owner under 55 is some type of spoiled kid with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bliss@5200,May 6 2008, 08:24 PM
ohh i insure my own cars to. But yeah i have a strong hatred for kids whos parents do everything for them. Its absolutly rediculious esspacially when they do nothing to desearve but breath. and mommy and daddy fork out crazy amounts of money for the little prick
Thats called jealousy, don't get bent out of shape over it, thats life
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,May 7 2008, 01:38 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,May 7 2008, 04:20 PM
Thats called jealousy, don't get bent out of shape over it, thats life
Is it really jealousy?

Working hard is fine but when you're dumping all your monies into a depreciating "asset," it doesn't seem to be such a bright thing to do. Especially since I know most of the kids on here live at home...

Quick Reply: Any Highschool Drivers?