Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?

Old 03-06-2018, 02:06 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
I have watched a couple reviews of the car lately and thought to myself, "Maybe you could live with the looks. Everybody seems to LOVE driving the car. Its a Honda, you love Hondas! Just get over the big wing. It might make an AWESOME daily with that huge hatchback utility. "

Then I saw a review that says no heated seats. WHAT???????!!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!
Aren't the seats cloth? Why'd you need heated cloth seats?
I can understand needing heated seats when the seat material is leather or pleather
Old 03-06-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

The cloth seats heat up faster than leather. Much preferred in a cold climate.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

From my experience the cloth seats are perfectly fine in Canadian winter,...man up guys
Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 AM

Received 426 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Why'd you need heated cloth seats?
I think my car's thermometer read below zero (as low as 18 below) about 20 different days heading to work from my enclosed garage this winter in Minnesota. Does that answer your question?

We heard lot of complaining about how it was 11 degrees in Times Square for New Years and that was the coldest in a jillion years and how brave those frozen people were. I woke up to 26 degrees below THAT several times this year and our DAILY HIGH TEMP never hit 11 degrees many days. I don't think some people realize how long it can take to get any heat from the vents in those temps. And the seats look nice, I'd hate to peel off the fabric to install aftermarket and see what they looked like afterward when it should come from the factory.

Last edited by vader1; 03-07-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by iforyou
From my experience the cloth seats are perfectly fine in Canadian winter,...man up guys
Depending on where you live in Canada, you might have much warmer temps than we do. Both Toronto and Vancouver have much nicer winters than we get.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:41 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 148 Posts

I think my car's thermometer read below zero (as low as 18 below) about 20 different days heading to work from my enclosed garage this winter in Minnesota. Does that answer your question?

We heard lot of complaining about how it was 11 degrees in Times Square for New Years and that was the coldest in a jillion years and how brave those frozen people were. I woke up to 26 degrees below THAT several times this year and our DAILY HIGH TEMP never hit 11 degrees many days. I don't think some people realize how long it can take to get any heat from the vents in those temps. And the seats look nice, I'd hate to peel off the fabric to install aftermarket and see what they looked like afterward when it should come from the factory.
didnt mean to troll you with that question. So I’m sorry you felt I was challenging your wisdom or need.

Also, where I live is far removed from Times Square just as International Falls and Duluth are from the twin cities. Granted the twin cities are colder than the city having visited friends there while I was in college in Chicago.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by A 2

So I’m sorry you felt I was challenging your wisdom or need.

Not at all. My wife is from Hawaii, she did not know what she was in for. Lots of people who get snow and cold think they get it. They grow up in warm weather or even cold weather and experience the worst of our worst and say "HOLY SH*T THIS IS COLD". You don't know how cold a 20 minute drive in 20 below weather is until you experience it. But I bet Honda puts in heated seats within a couple model years.

You understand why people think we are crazy to live hear after a long polar vortex, but it makes it a tad easier with heated seats.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 493 Likes on 376 Posts

I'm starting to develop a want to drive one of these to see if it's really good as people are making it out to be.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
I'm starting to develop a want to drive one of these to see if it's really good as people are making it out to be.
2018 Automobile All-Stars: The Winners | Automobile Magazine
Old 03-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

here ya go. 2 packs. no peeling.
https://www.amazon.com/Zento-Deals-Cushion-Heated-Cover/dp/B01LW5GJ04/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1520884119&sr=1-11&keywords=heated+seat+covers+for+cars https://www.amazon.com/Zento-Deals-Cushion-Heated-Cover/dp/B01LW5GJ04/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1520884119&sr=1-11&keywords=heated+seat+covers+for+cars

Quick Reply: Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?