Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

anyone else drive a Nissan Juke yet?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else drive a Nissan Juke yet?

anyone else drive a Juke yet (manual version)? i'm just interested to see what you think of it.

i got to drive one this weekend for only a few minutes. My brother-in-law got one. it was a bit of an impulse buy if you ask me. he had a Subaru Impreza (manual), traded it for a Hyundai Elantra (automatic) after 8 months then traded it for the Juke after only about 6 months.

I don't know much about them other than what he told me. He says he got the top of line version with a manual tranny. Leather seats were nice and all the gadgets were cool at first, but the seemed more useless the more i thought about it...like the stupid digital boost gauge.

The thing i thought was the strangest thing was the transmission. His words were "it's the easiest, smoothest stick!" To me, it felt very digital. I might as well have just clicked a button to shift. I'm not even sure the clutch did anything really. It seemed no different than an automatic with those "sport shift" options. I could tell the shifter wasn't actually moving into a slot and hooking up with any gears. (Does that make sense?) I also didn't drive it too crazy, but in slightly spirited driving, the clutch pedal vibrated a lot.

i guess that's all i can say. i've never driven a car like this with a manual transmission that felt so fake.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM

not driven one but thats really strange
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timrocks311,Dec 13 2010, 11:50 AM
i got to drive one this weekend for only a few minutes. My brother-in-law got one. it was a bit of an impulse buy if you ask me. he had a Subaru Impreza (manual), traded it for a Hyundai Elantra (automatic) after 8 months then traded it for the Juke after only about 6 months.
No experience w/ the Juke, but your BIL sure knows how to spend a lot of money driving cheap cars w/ all that depreciation, taxes, licensing, registration, etc. he's incurred over the last 14 months!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really think anyone's going to admit to driving a Juke?!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:58 AM

WTF is a Juke? It sounds like some kind of vehicle meant to impress people that tweet, use facebook and think that someday they will have an active lifestyle because they downloaded an App for that.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by fishfryer,Dec 14 2010, 06:58 AM
WTF is a Juke? It sounds like some kind of vehicle meant to impress people that tweet, use facebook and think that someday they will have an active lifestyle because they downloaded an App for that.
That's actually the description on Nissan's website.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:07 AM

lol. i agree with you guys. i can't say i like the car...at all. i think it is ugly and impractical. and i don't really agree with his spending choices, especially since he was laid off for the past 2 months and just found a job on a trial basis.

i was mostly curious about the transmission, if anyone ever drove a car like that.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:19 AM

I drove one the other day.... was forced in to it by a mustang enthusiast/ car salesman at the local dealership. NOT looking to purchase one, just thought what the hell, why not!

First off, the front end looks like it caught on fire after being hit by an airplane and someone tried to put it out with a chainsaw...

It is definatly small for a crossover. It has 1.6l of turbocharged fury that accelerates about as fast as a stock 99-00 civic SI. Its kind of awkward to sit it, and I didn't like the ergonomics of the controls. Drove a 6spd manual, FWD model... to try to make it kind of interesting. But it is offered in CVT and the AWD model only comes with a CVT transmission.

I agree with the horrible feeling transmission... but most of this is because you have NO control or feel of the mechanics. Its a sluggish DBW system, plus the clutch delay valve that makes it "easily drivable" gives you about 1100rpms of free rev everytime you press in the clutch to shift ... its a joke and almost as bad as a Scions DBW system. And thats about all the review I feel like typing about the vehicle.... ohh, the electrionic boost guage that looks like a Apexi Neo is kinda neat.. but not really
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 AM

^there you go. i'm just happy someone else had the same feelings i did about the tranny, since my brother-in-law loves it and i don't see why.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:10 PM

I drove an auto. The car was kinda cool. Sllloooowww for all there "turbo, turbo, turbo" talk. Not much room on the inside either. Felt like I was just too wide for the car.

Quick Reply: anyone else drive a Nissan Juke yet?