Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Anyone have money down on or planning to buy a Honda Element?

Old 12-17-2002, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am seriously considering trading the S2000 in on one of these. I really want to see it in person before deciding, but I have had the S for 3 years and am about ready for something new. I guess only time will tell.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:34 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

While I'm not considering purchasing one at present, things might change for me in the future. In any event, I would purchase an Element over a CRV hands down. For many, sport cutes such as the CRV are mere pretenders in the light truck/SUV segment. Conversely, the Element does not pose to be something that it isn't. The styling doesn't scream "truck" as some may agree it does with the CRV. Yet the Element is just as capable, has the AWD and great motor of the new CRV without falling into that already over cramped SUV category. Personally, I like a tad of luxury, and something resembling carpet on the floor would be nice. Other than that, I'm all for it....lego styling or not.

Asif
Old 12-17-2002, 12:22 PM

I am far from the target audience of this vehicle... however I like it. Mostly for the same reason I liked my 2 Nissan Axxess's. they are so easy to open both doors and load lots of stuff. the looks matter little to me.

That being said ... I would probably buy an Avalanche if I could afford one.Then I could tow the boat and carry lots of stuff.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:12 PM

I thought that we sold our first one today but the prospective owner wants to lease it and there are no residual values for it yet, so it is still here.

Looks like quite a few were picked up today if you read the HondaSUV Forum

Kirk
Old 12-17-2002, 02:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love it, tons of room inside. I think i looks cool. I would rock one
Old 12-17-2002, 03:17 PM
N8R

With so many other unattractive minivans and sports futility vehicles clogging up the market - could someone please explain to me the rationale behind this beast?

I'm just not feeling the Hummer/Microbus vibe here...
Old 12-17-2002, 03:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stocks2k
[B]I am seriously considering trading the S2000 in on one of these.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ernie, I'm a little concerned, I too have a Spa and am in my 40's and love the orange! I think you need to have a little talk with that daughter of yours though, orange ain't weird.

I told my Honda dealer months ago to call me as soon as they got one in, they called yesterday. I have a test drive set up for Saturday and will be taking my digital camera.

I think the thing that I find interesting is almost everybody I have spoken/written to about this vehicle love it or hate it. There are very few people who are so so on the look.

For me I just love the radical look and yet the Aztec is ugly! The side opening with both doors is just too cool/functional. The completely flat floor and those back seats that go flat, fold up or can be removed is brilliant. The silly thing reminds me of Dr. Who's Tardace (sp?), it really was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Captain
[B]I thought that we sold our first one today but
Old 12-18-2002, 04:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]Ernie, I'm a little concerned, I too have a Spa and am in my 40's and love the orange! I think you need to have a little talk with that daughter of yours though, orange ain't weird.

She's moving to Florida at the end of the month so I am not too worried about her opinion!!

I look forward to seeing one in person. I also asked my saleslady to call me when I could see or drive one but no call as of yet. I think orange or blue is the ticket but the 5-speed vs auto is a dilemna for us. If you look at it as a truck, then auto would be ok, but I kind of like shifting. However, as a friend said, save the shifting for the S2000!!

Looking forward to seeing your pics. Some reviews have said the inside looked flimsy so I'll have to get a look for myself.

Quick Reply: Anyone have money down on or planning to buy a Honda Element?