Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Anyone into new Camaro around here? New spyshots.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Anyone into new Camaro around here? New spyshots.

The new Camaro is shaping up pretty nicely it looks like (new spyshots):

http://www.Camaro5.com

Anyone think this will outsell and outperform the Challenger?
I personally (and secretly) have a soft spot for nice american muscle. Shhh..
Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 AM

oh it'll outperform and outsell the challenger like no body's business. The interior will be worlds better and it'll just kick the $%#$ out of the dodge.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:26 AM

I wouldn't mind driving one, but I'd choose a lot of cars over this one before I'd buy it.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:31 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I think my daughter's car seat has a nicer interior than Dodge's latest products, that's for sure. The Camaro definitely appeals to me more than the Challenger but I'll wait for production vehicles to take a firm stance.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM

Dodge's interior sucks so that won't be hard to beat I'm just hoping there'll be a Z28 or SS version.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 AM

I'm digging the car. It at least LOOKS more trim and efficient in terms of packaging versus the bloated Stang and Challenger. And yes, the Chalenger interior is downright pathetic where styling is concerned. Pretty sad that the Mustang beats it while already in its 4th year, to say nothing of Ford's revised one coming out.

I don't think Chevy will sell many Camaros, but if I was in the market it'd be the one I'd pick. It'll be Chevy's GTO for a few years. Sell some cars, build some image, then get out.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystiqueskillz,Feb 28 2008, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't mind driving one, but I'd choose a lot of cars over this one before I'd buy it.
This is exactly the problem they need to overcome. I'm in this position too. It looks fine to me and I wouldn't mind driving it, but would I want to spend $ to buy this instead of hundreds of other wonderful options out there? You seriously gotta be an American Muscle car lover to dig into this type of car. To me, it's sort of like a car which I might consider buying if I have no other place to spend my extra cash, and even after buying, I doubt if I'll own it for over a year.

Pricing will be the key point in here determining whether they'll sell well or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

I have the New Camaro's ad slogan.

"The New Camaro....just in time for $5 gas."
Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by GPMike,Feb 28 2008, 12:07 PM
I have the New Camaro's ad slogan.

"The New Camaro....just in time for $5 gas."
It's obvious that you've worked in marketing before.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Feb 28 2008, 02:16 PM
It's obvious that you've worked in marketing before.
haha yea...I can't think of this being anything but just a re-run of the old Musclecar era. Big engines, big horsepower....all the while gas is going up up up. When will the Big 3 ever learn?

Don't get me wrong...I love fast cars...but they can do it economically too. The new Camaro should be about 400-500lbs lighter with a turbo 6, maybe even a hybrid 6...much more economically sound, in today's age of $100/barrel oil. Plus, we are one jihad away from an oil shock. These monster autos just don't make sense these days as a business model. This is why Honda doesn't participate, same for Toyota (except in trucks).

Dare I say it...I think GM blew it with the Camaro. WIth all the hype and buzz, they should have made this a tech study in fast, green power, to show consumers hey...you can have your cake and eat it too. This is going to be a low production model anyway...it would have been a great thing to do to lead people in a new direction. Instead these dinosaur CEOs are still living in the glory days of the 50s and 60s.

Quick Reply: Anyone into new Camaro around here? New spyshots.