Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Audi RS6 Avant Coming to NA

Old 10-04-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Audi RS6 Avant Coming to NA

I'm surprised I didn't see this pop up. So much so I did a search first and didn't see it. Love that this is coming here, now I need to work on affording one!

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs6-avant-preview

I thought this video was done well too.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Big-powered wagons are a great compromise vehicle. I love it!
Old 10-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,918 Posts

I loved that video when they posted it. I'm pleased to see the RS6 avant coming over, long overdue.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by erik
I'm surprised I didn't see this pop up. So much so I did a search first and didn't see it. Love that this is coming here, now I need to work on affording one!

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs6-avant-preview

I thought this video was done well too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8gw8B939Eo
Great ad, tugged at my heartstrings a little. Pretty awesome they're coming back to the U.S. with a wagon! Would be a tough choice between this and the E63 wag.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think that wagons will make a comeback once the younger millennials start families and don't want to drive the same cars that their parents did (SUV/CUV).

Assuming that fully autonomous vehicles don't come before then.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:16 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Hakkaboy
I think that wagons will make a comeback once the younger millennials start families and don't want to drive the same cars that their parents did (SUV/CUV).

Assuming that fully autonomous vehicles don't come before then.
Interesting theory. While few SUV/CUV owners would admit as much I've long considered them to be the wagons of this era. It would be highly entertaining to see this play out where the upcoming generations reject the current trend in favor of more traditional wagons. But I'm not going to bet on it.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

It’s a great video and cute story centered around a family. Well done Audi.

i think it’s all cycles so wagons will come back, then mini vans and then SUVs again. Not sure if the love affair with sedans will come back.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:04 PM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

If they’d bring a manual version i would buy it.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Wagons just don't sell in the US. As much as the enthusiasts love them; the demand is small. Cool car and great choice for a wagon. Wagons hold their styling and make great long term buys if you want to keep car for a long time.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They sold pretty well before, and then mini vans, and then SUVs. So I agree with Rob that it's cyclical, just like fashion. However for cars, the cycles will be longer in nature as it would be generational based on people who don't want to be just like their parents. Today, a lot of people in position to buy and utilize wagons might not be able to shake off the image of wood panel wagons. But as time moves on, the new crop of buyers will not have that same image and deterrent in their head.

There's always going to people that want to be different, and people who want to be the same as everybody else. The people who want to be different will set the trends, and the people who want to be the same will eventually follow the trends, before a new cycle of people who want to be different.

And yes, pretty soon, some version of wide-leg pants are coming back in the near distant future.

Quick Reply: Audi RS6 Avant Coming to NA