Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

BMW dealership wrecks m5

Old 09-03-2010, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to get an F10 M5 out of that dealer!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM

What do you expect? Many dealerships hire 19-23 year olds as lot porters and detail/clean-up kids. I am also seeing younger and younger technicians replacing retiring ones.

For some of these kids, working at a high line dealership is like being unsupervised in a candy store. It isn't entirely the dealerships fault because the fact is lot porter and detail jobs do not pay that great. Dealerships are forced to hire people willing to work these jobs and unfortunately they often are not the most responsible people.

You would like to think all mechanics and technicians would have the same reverence for cars that we do. Sadly the enticement to mash the throttle on other peoples' cars is just too great.

But again, there is only so much a dealership owner can do. Porters have to move cars around and technicians have to do diagnostic test drives. But you should note that dealership insurance companies run motor vehicle records on all driving employees every year. Unacceptable drivers are forced to sign exclusionary documents. Employees are also supposed to follow written test drive routes if the dealership has a management team with half a brain.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I absolutely love this story. Goes to show you how shady every dealer is. I dont get why the owners of the M5's insurance doesn't step in in this matter.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 AM

yep european cars are freaking expensive. i had to get a new front end on my audi and cost my insurance near $9000. no airbag deployed.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM

Hang them all...by the balls.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrecking it isn't such a surprise but lying about what happened and trying to cheat the owner are just absurd. Wonder whose decision that was to try cheating the owner? Sales manager, general manager, store owner?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:22 PM

lol you know what is expensive? S85 vanos issues.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:22 PM

dude, when the seats and steering wheel were stolen out of my s (which happened twice btw), the bill was around $14K IIRC.

All the expensive moving parts at the front of an M5...it wouldn't surprise me if it was assessed at $30k in damage and actually cost $45 when all said and done.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by OverBooster,Sep 3 2010, 10:34 AM
What do you expect? Many dealerships hire 19-23 year olds as lot porters and detail/clean-up kids. I am also seeing younger and younger technicians replacing retiring ones.

For some of these kids, working at a high line dealership is like being unsupervised in a candy store. It isn't entirely the dealerships fault because the fact is lot porter and detail jobs do not pay that great. Dealerships are forced to hire people willing to work these jobs and unfortunately they often are not the most responsible people.

You would like to think all mechanics and technicians would have the same reverence for cars that we do. Sadly the enticement to mash the throttle on other peoples' cars is just too great.

But again, there is only so much a dealership owner can do. Porters have to move cars around and technicians have to do diagnostic test drives. But you should note that dealership insurance companies run motor vehicle records on all driving employees every year. Unacceptable drivers are forced to sign exclusionary documents. Employees are also supposed to follow written test drive routes if the dealership has a management team with half a brain.
all true but all the dealerships i worked for as a tech. wont even hire you if you have more than 2 points. 3 is pushing it but if you have what they need 3 is MAX
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 PM

Wow - crazy story. I hope it isn't Autobahn BMW in Ft. Worth. They BMW manager is a nice guy who sponsers quite a few DE's.

Quick Reply: BMW dealership wrecks m5