Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

C7 Vette

Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockville
In my case we did go out after that so no issue but I guess she had dated people with sports cars in the past and felt like they were superficial and flashy. So for her it wasn't the price of the car (she was driving a late model Infinity), it was the sort of person she expected to drive that sort of car. Happily for both of us she was also quick to look past the car. She dumped me because of me, not what I drove!
Lemme guess, you called her small?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparrow
Originally Posted by rockville' timestamp='1322582694' post='21194064
In my case we did go out after that so no issue but I guess she had dated people with sports cars in the past and felt like they were superficial and flashy. So for her it wasn't the price of the car (she was driving a late model Infinity), it was the sort of person she expected to drive that sort of car. Happily for both of us she was also quick to look past the car. She dumped me because of me, not what I drove!
Lemme guess, you called her small?
Or not small
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 AM

I understand the image thing. We don't buy expensive cars for purely practical reasons. I'm closer to the age demographic for vettes but when I owned my Z06 I did discover too many local vette club members were rabid ("OMG best evar! Imports are trash!") and timid ("I only drive it on Sunday") for me. I auto-x'd and drag raced mine regularly. Biggest 'ouch' was tire cost, oh, and a broken rear transverse spring (my fault, exhaust cut-outs with inadequate heat shielding).

That image thing actually works against me when I think about a WRX or Evo. I happen to not like the image too many of THOSE owners present, lol.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by sparrow
Last I checked "IN THE HOOD" are words

And in this case I am truly responding to a small man who is to insecure to drive a corvette. You're not gonna take your shirt off and post pics now are you?
have i threatened to? and would it excite you if i did?

i *am* conscious of what i drive. it was quite clear in the first post. just as others likewise repeated they would be in an EVO or WRX.

you choose to play on semantics, and make Straw man attacks on my words, as well as on my self. that says much more about *your* character and your insecurity, than it does mine.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by smurf2k
Originally Posted by sparrow' timestamp='1322578660' post='21193843

Last I checked "IN THE HOOD" are words

And in this case I am truly responding to a small man who is to insecure to drive a corvette. You're not gonna take your shirt off and post pics now are you?
have i threatened to? and would it excite you if i did?

i *am* conscious of what i drive. it was quite clear in the first post. just as others likewise repeated they would be in an EVO or WRX.

you choose to play on semantics, and make Straw man attacks on my words, as well as on my self. that says much more about *your* character and your insecurity, than it does mine.
It appeared to be common practice from a particular thread not to long ago.

I just find it funny how people are "conscious" of what car they drive when any honda with an exhaust is considered a rice burner in the eyes of many. Furthermore the particular Honda this forum is for is often mistakened for a miata and receives the same comments as a miata. And we all know the stigma that comes with the miata from non-car enthusiast also known as the general population. As I stated before, I can understand if your choice in car can affect your income. I believe our dialogue has ran its course. You feel the way you do and I disagree with your feelings.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM

^lulz
Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Vatko
Bwahahahahahah!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 PM

I used to live right around there. Place is normally crawling with people, kids, dogs...really smart dummies.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Corvette.

American design, European performance, Ethiopian interior.

Quick Reply: C7 Vette