Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Cadillac ATS confirmed for next year. Design revealed in teaser.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
Side profile reminds me of a Merc.
I thought it was a Merc 'til I re-read the thread title. Then I thought the OP was lying or confused and wrote Cadillac where he meant to write Mercedes... What a clone! I do adore a black C-class, though.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger
C63 AMG anyone?
Originally Posted by smohan123
I thought it was a Merc 'til I re-read the thread title. Then I thought the OP was lying or confused and wrote Cadillac where he meant to write Mercedes... What a clone! I do adore a black C-class, though.
Merc, 2 doors, horizontal tail/head lights, slim c pillar, bubbly lines, and awkward rear side windows

Cadillac, 4 doors, vertical tail/head lights, fat c pillar, flat lines, and normal windows.

Totally see the resemblance.

In other news, my s2000 completely resembles a kia soul because it has 4 wheels.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Oh, and in the OP's pic the car is silver, just like all Mercedes that aren't brown
(But you forgot, some are black.)
Old 08-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

We already know it will be too heavy and too big.

Seriously, are all of GM's designers morbidly obese? I mean just look at the Camaro...what an awesome car that would be if it was one order of magnitude smaller
Old 08-05-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k

Seriously, are all of GM's designers morbidly obese? I mean just look at the Camaro...what an awesome car that would be if it was one order of magnitude smaller
I didn't know the official specs for the ATS were out. Please quote source for our benefit.

The Camaro is as big as it is because that was the only platform that GM had at the time that could be used from a cost/development perspective. Ideal? Nope. I guess they could have waited, but they wanted to get the car to market. If the next Camaro is on the same platform, or something similar to what is being used for the ATS, that should scale it to what, IMHO, is a more appropriate size. We'll have to see what they choose to do.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k

Then it would be 19 inches long and weigh less than 40 lbs.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by nofearofdanger' timestamp='1312534169' post='20849897
C63 AMG anyone?
Originally Posted by smohan123
Merc, 2 doors, horizontal tail/head lights, slim c pillar, bubbly lines, and awkward rear side windows

Cadillac, 4 doors, vertical tail/head lights, fat c pillar, flat lines, and normal windows.

Totally see the resemblance.

In other news, my s2000 completely resembles a kia soul because it has 4 wheels.

/argument
Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still wouldn't ever mistake it
Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 PM

I completely see the resemblance and thought the same thing before others posted it. For me the hood and the large gap between the hood and fender really makes me think of the current Benzs. That's not a good thing. I do like that the MB does a better job of hiding the height between the shoulder line and the wheel well.

Quick Reply: Cadillac ATS confirmed for next year. Design revealed in teaser.