Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Car Show

Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adam Corrola is a car guy. He used to talk about it a lot on his radio show. I'll check this show out, it looks pretty good.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they make me laugh and show me lamborghinis, I'll watch it.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point, Top Gear USA was pretty bad, or well not nearly as good as Top Gear BBC. I was disappointed by it.

Hopefully they just wont try and make a Top Gear spinoff and it should be cool.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by poop-dog
Is Adam even a car guy?
I guess it depends on your definition of car guy. He doesn't know everything about cars, but has an interest and is pretty knowledgeable in many areas. I expect the show to be entertaining, but I'm also a Carolla fan. John Salley was pretty good on Best Damn Sports Show and Matt Farah seems good on his youtube show.

Here's an old CarCast with one of my all time favorite cars...the Porsche 962.
http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBl...lenger-340-ta/
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Good point, Top Gear USA was pretty bad, or well not nearly as good as Top Gear BBC. I was disappointed by it.

Hopefully they just wont try and make a Top Gear spinoff and it should be cool.
Let me guess, and excuse me for making this assumption, but you watched the first two episodes of TG:USA and decided to stop watching it? The later episodes were actually really good; I found myself enjoying the show when it came on. Along with that, I actually looked forward to it coming on.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I agree. They were pretty damn good. It was never going to be as good as TG UK, but it met and surpassed all of my expectations. The one thing that I didn't like about TG US was how much of it felt like a commercial. And seeing as how almost every show on speed is just a half hour commercial, I am nervous about how this show will be.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by RC 94
Originally Posted by poop-dog' timestamp='1310433258' post='20769248
Good point, Top Gear USA was pretty bad, or well not nearly as good as Top Gear BBC. I was disappointed by it.Hopefully they just wont try and make a Top Gear spinoff and it should be cool.
Let me guess, and excuse me for making this assumption, but you watched the first two episodes of TG:USA and decided to stop watching it? The later episodes were actually really good; I found myself enjoying the show when it came on. Along with that, I actually looked forward to it coming on.
No I watched them all. I just didn't like the awkwardness of the presenters. Some of the challenges were cool but overall I was disappointed. It was Top Gear so I had the highest expectations. The BBC version is my favorite show end all. IF the BBC version never existed I would love the USA version definitely.

I liked the USA version bc it was about cars but there is no excitement before or during the show though for me like the BBC version. Jeremy, Hamster, and Captain Slow are irreplaceable for sure and make the show.

I just didn't know If Adam was a car guy. I only listened to him on the original love lines from like 1999. He is funny, just didnt know if he was really into cars or just cashing new paychecks.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Let me rephrase. I liked them. I just wasn't impressed from the Top Gear name.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 AM

Let me rephrase. I liked them. I just wasn't impressed from the Top Gear name.
If you watched the first season of TG UK, I'd argue that the first season of TG US was better.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 AM

Its like the Office copying the British one. They already have a blueprint of what works.

Quick Reply: The Car Show