Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Crosstour = Fail

Old 03-20-2010, 04:34 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

When an article uses the term "plummeted" to describe a 1.9% loss, I tend to be somewhat dismissive of the rest of the article. That said, we'll see how it plays out.

I truly wish Honda would get some new, class-defining vehicles out, though. I still think they lead some segments - the Fit and the Civic are virtually untouched right now in their size and price classes and the Odyssey is still arguably the best van you can buy (and it's about to be released as a totally new design) - but I'm just not seeing anything that makes me say "Man, I want that vehicle."

Ford has me very interested in what they have coming out. GM has a few vehicles I'm curious about. Hyundai is always a threat as well. Honda? Meh - not much happening there. They need to step up their game.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at least Honda hasn't compromised their quality in the pursuit of growth.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by airgate,Feb 12 2010, 04:49 PM
I actually saw a photoshop of a Crosstour and a ROACH and LMAO!!!
i wanna see.....can u direct me to it?!

looked on the FB page's fan photos; no luck
Old 03-21-2010, 10:40 AM

There's a couple of problems with it in my opinion. I haven't driven one, but I sat in it and looked at while my S was being serviced. The pros...nicely finished interior even if the center console is festooned with lots of buttons.

But the rear three quarter visibility is obscured, similiar to the way it's tough to see out of the BMW X6. Also the storage space isn't the most practical. The bottom of the rear hatch tapers rather narrowly. (I do lots of triathlons, and I don't think the rear hatch is very user friendly. It would be tough to get my bike in and out of it.)

I would rather wait for the TSX Wagon...now that's a good looking car, other than the grill!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM

the accord hybrid=fail
the 2nd gen insight=fail
end of s2000=past fail
the crosstour=current fail
the cr-z=future fail

the power of dreams is fading.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Banned

I like it and think it looks good. Its better than getting a Minivan IMO. Just do a fender roll, pull and flare, drop 3 inches and slap some 18" SSRs

Can someone do a quick photoshop of that?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:45 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy Roadster,Feb 11 2010, 07:47 AM
I think the concept of an Accord wagon is great, but the Crosstour is an Accord hatchback with SUV wheels and tires.

Previous-gen Accord 2-door as a long-roofline hatch/sportwagon could have been a nice-looking car with a lot of utility.

And, sadly, few buyers.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by triman54,Mar 21 2010, 02:40 PM
There's a couple of problems with it in my opinion. I haven't driven one, but I sat in it and looked at while my S was being serviced. The pros...nicely finished interior even if the center console is festooned with lots of buttons.

But the rear three quarter visibility is obscured, similiar to the way it's tough to see out of the BMW X6. Also the storage space isn't the most practical. The bottom of the rear hatch tapers rather narrowly. (I do lots of triathlons, and I don't think the rear hatch is very user friendly. It would be tough to get my bike in and out of it.)

I would rather wait for the TSX Wagon...now that's a good looking car, other than the grill!
if only they would have put a damn 6spd in it (i know the cross tour doesn't have that either) but man if the tsx wagon was availalbe with SHAWD, 6spd, and the v6... I'd be falling over myself to buy one.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I saw it in person, a little part of my honda appreciation died on the inside. My first thought was "Who hired the designer of the pontiac aztek?"

Quick Reply: Crosstour = Fail