Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Dainese Zen jacket

Old 04-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 203 Likes on 140 Posts

Well, if anyone's interested, I picked up a Zen today at Cycle Gear at its promotional discount and they were offering free back plates ($75) too.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good deal. My buddy got the same model but in blue and he loves it. I have a Dainese jacket as well and I wear it year round. In the summer time I take out the inside layer, it's okay when your on the move but when you stop for a second or two that's when you start to overheat. The winter time I usually have the second layer on and double up with thermal tops. The only con about the Dainese jackets is the zipper pull tabs, they are cheap and it will break if you have incredible hulk fingers. Other than that their jackets are worth every pennie.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any perforated jacket is gonna freeze your nuts off in winter, liner or otherwise. I own some dainese gear and absolutely swear by it. But then when spend the coin that they charge you kind of have to.

Pure safety wise, the performated jackets have a higher amount of friction which chews them up and burns you faster if you ever find yourself sliding across asphalt. If you want the highest level of protection go all leather and steer clear of the perforated stuff. wear sliders in the right places even if you dont drag when you ride.

Vanson and Alpinestars would be my next choices for riding leathers. Vanson makes really first rate stuff.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by nexus,Apr 10 2008, 08:30 PM
Any perforated jacket is gonna freeze your nuts off in winter, liner or otherwise. I own some dainese gear and absolutely swear by it. But then when spend the coin that they charge you kind of have to.

Pure safety wise, the performated jackets have a higher amount of friction which chews them up and burns you faster if you ever find yourself sliding across asphalt. If you want the highest level of protection go all leather and steer clear of the perforated stuff. wear sliders in the right places even if you dont drag when you ride.

Vanson and Alpinestars would be my next choices for riding leathers. Vanson makes really first rate stuff.
You would probably pass out while riding or loose a lot of weight if you tried that stunt in Miami. I have no choice but to go perforated.