Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Dream Car

Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dream Car

"Its my dream car." Thats a phrase i hear quite often and recently its started to bother me a bit, mainly in regards to what people have as a dream car. Which made me wonder, where people just using this phrase out of order, or am i just wierd? To me, a dream car is just that, a dream. Something that i will never possibly obtain without serious luck. For example, some of my dream cars are cars that are so rare, or so expensive, that only a sleect few people in the world could even obtain them. I was wondering, what are your thoughts on this matter?

For example, a few of my "dream" cars:

Ferrari FXX
Ferrari 250 GTO
Buggatti Atlantique
Porsche 904
Porsche 917
Porsche 959
Mercedes CLK-GTR
Koenigsegg CCX
Shleby Daytona Coupe

I just feel that, with enough hard work, almost anything is possible to obtain, with a few exceptions.... So what im looking for here is what YOUR definition of a dream car is.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 AM

My dream car is fast, handles great, gets great gas mileage, never breaks, never gets dirty, never get commercials on the radio, never gets dinged, comfortable, has 3 pedals usually, hardtop/soft top, black/sometimes blue, whale penis seatcovers, maintenance free, can't be stolen, and is paid for. - you said it was a 'dream car'.

Other than that, maybe a 911 cab or R8 cab.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM

LOL ok, maybe you took it a bit far on that one lol
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

There's an obtainable dream car (within the next 3-5 yrs) and a dream car.

Example- Obtainable dream car, 997 GT3RS, Dream car- CGT.

I don't really have an obtainable dream car at the moment, maybe a 997.1 GT3 which is about on the same level price and performance wise as my GT-R. My dream car is probably a Zonda R or Zonda F roadster.

For me it's more about collecting a stable of cars that are reasonably priced (relatively speaking) and good at different things than 1 crazy halo car. I.E. Elise with a blown K20 motor for autocross, GT3 for road course, F10 M5 to daily etc and F350 diesel to tow.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Dream cars to me evoke a certain feeling, beyond just knowing they are expensive. Right now, I am really digging:

Ferrari F12
Ferrari Enzo

But if I had the money, the garage would be pretty darn big as there are dreams cars. I love some less expensive cars like:

Renault Clio V6 Turbo
Maserati Khamshin
Any Modern Bentley...
Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

My current dream car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnTJX1-SKM

1/4 million dollar Corvette
But seriously this is my dream car^.

I remember right after high school my dream car was an S2000. At the time that seemed like something far far out of my reach and I was fairly intent on saving for a B18c or an H22a for my EJ1 civic, and that made me happy.

To my surprise in less than 3 years I could afford a decent used S2000.

I try to keep that memory in mind, because you never know, what seems unobtainable right now may be within reach in just a few years

Evan
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Im glad im not the only one who feels this way lol. Your GTR to some is a dream car(i dont see it as a dream car, because i see them as attainable. Maybe not now for me, but if i wanted one, i could make it happen in the future.) But i also dont see soemthing like the GTR as a be-all-end-all. I guess what im trying to say is, that if i were to obtain a gtr, that wouldnt be my automotive stopping point(so to speak) if you know what i mean. Im not trying in any way do degrade your choice in car or the car itself, just figured i should mention that before one of the GTR fanboi's chimes in about how its god among cars/faster than the space shuttle/can alter gravity/ and all that nonsense. To me, its just a car lol, albiet one of phenomenal performance, but not for everyone. Which is a completly seperate debate for another time lol.

And i can use the f10 M5 as an example....Would i love one right now? Absolutly! Can i afford one? Absolutly not! Could i by one in a few years? Definetly. based on the fact that i could buy one eventually,to me its not a dream car. Its just a car i would like to have. If you know what im saying?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM

To be honest, I dream of an S2000 that would "groundhog day" back to brand new every morning I woke up. Perpetually brand new, for the rest of my life.

That would be much better for me than anything more expensive/costly/fancy.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Trackforged
My current dream car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnTJX1-SKM

1/4 million dollar Corvette
But seriously this is my dream car^.

I remember right after high school my dream car was an S2000. At the time that seemed like something far far out of my reach and I was fairly intent on saving for a B18c or an H22a for my EJ1 civic, and that made me happy.

To my surprise in less than 3 years I could afford a decent used S2000.

I try to keep that memory in mind, because you never know, what seems unobtainable right now may be within reach in just a few years

Evan
Im currently deployed, so youtube and pictures dont work, but for that price im going to attempt to venture a guess that its the Pratt&Miller C6RS? Thats one of only a few i could think of, short of a vintage model that would touch 1/4 mill.

But i see what your saying. Age/time does play into the perception of reasonable affordability, but the cars that i typically view as a dream car will never become reasonably affordable to me at least.... not without a huge amount of luck.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:34 AM

Received 227 Likes on 161 Posts

Honestly, a 997 GT3 (RS 4.0, even better) would be a dream car for me. It's attainable and obtainable. I don't need a Ferrari 458 to be automotively satisfied. If I wanted to spend a TON of money, it'd probably be a McLaren MP4-12C right now.

Other than that, I'd probably just grab a GT-R or 911 Turbo that can sort of fit my wife and kids (tightly) and can be driven year round without issue and just beat the snot out of it...

Quick Reply: The Dream Car