Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Everyday Driver - The Chevy SS review

Old 04-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Everyday Driver - The Chevy SS review

The review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-v6ufoTevU

Unadulterated video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab7dZeUYTMw
Old 04-29-2014, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those guys are idiots. They can't keep their mouth shut about what they think the cars *ought* to be. I don't care what two nitwits from the sticks think "people want," and I don't think anyone else does either. Why would you waste time comparing the car you have against the car you imagine, vs. confining the discussion to the cars at hand? It just results in a useless spew of nonsense.

And 4000 lbs. isn't a huge amount of weight for a sedan, especially with the power available. It doesn't sound like these guys have spent any time driving European luxury cars with similar power.

The Chevy SS sounds like it is a solid car worth every penny for anyone not interested in being obnoxious. Don't know why it has to look ridiculous to have a potent engine and suspension. I imagine plenty of people who cover large amounts of territory for work will appreciate this car as a daily driver without feeling like they are showing off every time they park back at the office. Or at a client site.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:35 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

4k lbs is a fatty dude. Not sure when you get all the rest of your silliness thoughts from

I cannot believe the wheel isn't centered.

Would love Japan to do an AWD sedan with a nice v8.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I pretty much agree with their opinions on the car. It must be fast and handle well, but probably lacks any personality. Still would be a nice DD
Old 04-30-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Those guys are idiots. They can't keep their mouth shut about what they think the cars *ought* to be. I don't care what two nitwits from the sticks think "people want," and I don't think anyone else does either.
Complains about guys giving their opinions about cars,
watches a video about guys giving their opinions about cars.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think these guys do pretty good opinion pieces. Not a lot of technical info but they are honest and don't stray too far into trying to represent typical buyers. I think they are missing the point a little on the SS. Its not a Chevy flagship car, its got an old engine in it and its a super low volume piece for them. Its meant to be a sleeper in my opinion. If they put magnetic ride control, an fully powered LT1 (they won't), and a decent manual transmission in this, it will be a monster. Also, if they could get rid of the NASCAR inspired SS logo on the dash I would appreciate it
Old 04-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2
4k lbs is a fatty dude.
Not really.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a bad looking car...but is it just me or is the Chevy logo just hideous? It really does kinda ruin the looks of that car.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Not a bad looking car...but is it just me or is the Chevy logo just hideous? It really does kinda ruin the looks of that car.
I agree 100%, thats why I have been pushing for the flowtie from the Camaro Z28, much better looking. The gold bowtie has been through a lot and is looking a little tired.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM

i agree too, i thought the arrowhead of the pontiac was MUCH better and more fitting for this type of car. I also think that the G8 was/is a much more aggressive and better looking car (from the exterior) than this SS is.

Quick Reply: Everyday Driver - The Chevy SS review