Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford can't fix my moms car

Old 08-07-2006, 08:15 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

....or just go straight.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

its a nice car, its fully loaded, when my dad got it, it was the third one in new jersey, which is why im surprised that this is happening... idk what the hell is wrong with it. could it be a lemon???

btw this is here at flemington ford, which is owned by flemington car and truck country, http://www.flemington.com , which also owns, bmw, audi, porsche, vw, nissan, chevy, chrysler, jeep, mazda, etc etc... its so wierd...
Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by C U AT 9K,Aug 5 2006, 04:29 PM
My mom has a Freestyle, we've had it for 1.5 years, ...and there is some wierd noise coming from the steering whenever you turn the wheel even the slightest bit.. So she took it to Ford, and they took a look at it, and they said they can't fix it, because the car is too new!

Is this supposed to happen with newly released cars?? I would think Ford would release a service manual with all cars they make... ....
so the car has been out for 1.5 years and Ford has no manual for it yet? Too new??
Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect you are dealing with a stupid service writter. Also, if Ford is like most of the car companies, they don't issue books, it's all on the computer these days.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C U AT 9K,Aug 7 2006, 04:57 PM
btw this is here at flemington ford, which is owned by flemington car and truck country, http://www.flemington.com , which also owns, bmw, audi, porsche, vw, nissan, chevy, chrysler, jeep, mazda, etc etc... its so wierd...
that's the problem right there. You have a corporation that looks at cars like staplers. Service is something to wring dollars out of, not a part and parcel of the ownership experience. Conglomerate groups like Car & Truck Country are the problem. Every experience I've had with dealerships owned by groups like that has been abysmal. And I am not the only one.

Here's a link to Ford's dealership listing (avoid Flemington, Princeton, and Clinton, as they are all owned by the same group):
http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealersh...ults/index.asp

As they say, you are not buying a car, you are buying a dealer. And make sure Ford Corporate hears about your problems so they can address the issue with the jackhole dealer groups.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 PM

my dad got the car from malouf, who, in terms of corporations, is much larger than flemington, so idk! only problem is thats like an hour away down route 1
Old 08-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Banned

just go to a Ford dealer that isn't owned by an auto group that owns dealerships of all different makes. There are tons of delerships in NJ, I guarantee you there is one closer than an hour away.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 426 Likes on 300 Posts

This is a shot in the dark, because I don't know what kind of steering setup it has. If it is hydraulic or electro-hydraulic you could look first at replacing the fluid. Air bubbles in the fluid can cause all sorts of funky problems.

Otherwise you would look at a faulty pump/ or motor depending on what kind of a setup it is. Steering systems are not that complicated.

My fiance took her COrolla to the dealer because the lock on the driver door no longer goes up and down with the power lock button. The service writer told her they could not fix it. Cars are a collection of parts, if something breaks you can ALWAYS fix it by replacing the broken parts. It is better to have the car looked at by a mechanic because service writers are guys who generally don't have any skill at anything besides entering your name and address into the computer, and driving the car from the shop entrance into a stall.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:48 PM

my mom dropped the car off at ford for 2 hours and they couldnt figure out what was wrong/how to fix the noise. they had it in the shop and everything!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had horrible issues dealing with a Ford dealership when I owned my SVT Focus... all I ever got was the runaround, unless I dealt with one man (the only honest guy there I swear!). My car had issues (mostly caused by the service department) and I ended up filing for Lemon Law... and that's how I got my next car, the S2k! Ford service and dealerships are known to be the bottom of the barrel. You can call Ford Corp. and complain and they will contact the service manager of your dealership... this is one thing I had to do at a certain point. While the dealership might treat you like crap, corporate has to keep customers happy, so they will help you out. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ford can't fix my moms car