Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford Fiesta ST

Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Only $2300 more for the Focus ST? At the current price point of this car I don't understand it's reason for being.
I might be looking at this from the wrong angle... but it would seem this car exists for the same reason the fiesta exists... People want a smaller, cheaper, more efficient version of the Focus.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

If you don't take the Recaros, it's about $5K less, which is significant. $20K vs $25K, give or take a few bucks.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill be honest, from what ive seen of this car its a blast! Jeremy clarkson already stated its "the best ford in years".

But my problem is I am going to buy a car this month....I was thinking of getting the Fiesta ST. See I am getting out of the army and thinkin of getting another car to DD and enjoy. I (with ford Xplan) can pick up the Fiesta ST for 19,745 PLUS incentives aka 500 military discount, student etc. BUT for like 16k I can get my third s2000, a Suzuka blue! Right now I got my rx8 and m3 e36, i think the adult thing to do is jsut get the fiesta st and enjoy a good DD but the kid in me is like "look at all these ARC, TODA, and Berk parts you got laying around your saving!" Whoa is me. lol
Old 04-05-2013, 03:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-KempOrImw

Lil vid from England.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:23 PM

What's the mileage like? I wouldn't mind something like the Focus ST except I don't want sub 30 mpg (real mileage, not EPA) on the highway. I'm willing to say trade down to 'just' 200 hp, what my old Contour SVT had, in exchange for the better mileage. For me, I want a car like this for the good handling, not so much the ultimate power. That said, I don't want it to be too slow. I find for a ~3000 lb car I'm happy with 200 hp and a stick shift. I'll take more power of course but I don't want to take a big mileage hit.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:47 PM

The two biggest draws for the Fiesta vs the Focus is that it's close to 500lbs lighter, and personally it looks better. I have to imagine that it drives better as well, even with a torsion beam rear. From a price perspective, there is more to price than the initial difference in msrp.

The fiesta will likely get 10-20% better fuel economy, it's tires will also be cheaper being as it's a 205/40/17 vs a 235/40/18. Considering the rebates Ford has on all their cars, probably will be able to get a well equipped Fiesta ST for 20k.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:12 PM

That's tempting (new car in the next year or so) but I'm not sure about the size. I do have a soft spot for the Fiesta since my first car was a West German made Fiesta. What I really want out of Ford is the Fusion hatch with the 2.0T in a manual shift. It probably exists in Europe but not here.
http://blogs.automotive.com/similiar...#axzz2PiwQuyws
Old 07-23-2014, 04:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Any more feedback on this car? Has anyone purchased one or driven one extensively?

I'm cross shopping this, the 2015 WRX base model, the 2015 GTI, and a couple of others lower on the radar for a new daily driver and I'm interested to hear of any real world experience with the ST. If you own one, has it been reliable so far. Any issues?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have to agree on the pricing, it's close enough to the Focus ST that I can't see myself choosing the Fiesta over the Focus.
Good points have been made about smaller, weighs less, fuel economy, tires etc... but I still would choose the slightly higher utility of the focus for a couple grand more. Guess I sound like a true American now, "I don't live in the big city, so there's no reason NOT to get the Ford F350!"

Plus the looks, nothing wrong with the fiesta, but the ST dressing looks better on the Focus. IMO.

Not sure how others feel, but if a car offers OEM Recaro's, I'd find it hard to pass on. Especially as the car ages, cars with OEM Recaro's are always in much higher demand on the used market.... Lancer Evolution, the newer Mustang, etc.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
Have to agree on the pricing, it's close enough to the Focus ST that I can't see myself choosing the Fiesta over the Focus.
Good points have been made about smaller, weighs less, fuel economy, tires etc... but I still would choose the slightly higher utility of the focus for a couple grand more. Guess I sound like a true American now, "I don't live in the big city, so there's no reason NOT to get the Ford F350!"

Plus the looks, nothing wrong with the fiesta, but the ST dressing looks better on the Focus. IMO.

Not sure how others feel, but if a car offers OEM Recaro's, I'd find it hard to pass on. Especially as the car ages, cars with OEM Recaro's are always in much higher demand on the used market.... Lancer Evolution, the newer Mustang, etc.
Yeah I like the fact that Ford offers the Recaro package for both the Fiesta and Focus. I would definitely opt for that if I bought one.

I vastly prefer the looks of the Fiesta over the Focus. The exhaust on the Focus ST is just hideous. It looks terribly cheap. I also can't get past the fact that the Focus weighs 500 lbs more than the Fiesta. From everything I've read the driving dynamics appear to favor the Fiesta.

Quick Reply: Ford Fiesta ST