Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford Shelby GT350

Old 09-04-2016, 04:57 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Ford Shelby GT350

A friend of mine just got a Shelby GT350 and it's a worthy car for anyone considering a sports car in that price range. Drive train is really strong. Great transmission, very light clutch, an engine sound that is hard to beat, and amazing performance. This car is the real deal. Some cheap fittings in on the dash, but the seats are heated/ventilated, and nice alcantrara treatments. Brakes are top notch. Got to drive it like I stole it.

I am surprised there is not more talk on this site about the car among the choices at its price bracket.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did it feel as big as it looks? On paper the car is amazing, but the mustang looks like a big car to me.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:56 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I will be looking to buy one. It is a special car and one hell of a performance package. Randy said it had so much grip on the track he thought it was AWD.

It doesn't get much talk here because it's not a P car or from Japan.

I'm waiting for the R's to become available at reasonable prices.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:50 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by importluva
Did it feel as big as it looks? On paper the car is amazing, but the mustang looks like a big car to me.
The only immediate thing I felt was with the glare from the hood. My buddies car is yellow and man did that glare. The hood is almost parallel so the is a lot glare. The car felt pretty big on the road. He traded in his 991 for the Mustang. For sure this car is faster with better brakes, but did not feel as "rock star" driving as the 991. The 991 if not experienced (like me) is easier to use. If you know what you are doing, the GT350 is way more performance.

Felt bigger than the 991 or my Evora, but not enough to sway from owning
Old 09-04-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

It may be the perfect commuter car for people with money to burn. No, seriously, hear me out. When driving in traffic, the ability to get the heck out of the way is very important. If my lane closes and the lane next to me is zooming right along, most cars require their drivers to either stay in their lane or dart out into an opening in traffic and cut about a billion people off as you struggle to accelerate up to speed. When I drive to work in my Corvette, there is basically no issue with cutting people off. If they're going 60 and I'm still, I just pop over into an opening, and I'm going faster than they are before they get anywhere near my car. But my Vette has to be babied in and out of parking lots, I've high-centered over a speed bump or two, and I'm going to catch a bumper to the face if anyone every T-bones me. The Mustang is "regular car" enough that you can have a pleasant driving experience, but it's also fast enough to exploit openings in traffic.

For the record, I'm not one of those guys who darts in and out of traffic in some pathetic attempt to shave as second or two off my commute. On the contrary, I like to stay in a line and chill out as I listen to the news. But, not a day goes by that there isn't at least one wreck that I have to commute through, and the traffic pattern invariably results in at least one lane coming to a stop while the adjoining lanes zipping by like nothing ever happened. Most commuters are fine pulling into one of those lanes, other motorists be damned. But I drive with a "do no harm" philosophy. If the car I pull in front of has to brake at all, I have failed at being a safe driver, in my opinion.

If you don't care about fuel efficiency or noise, this Mustang might be the best way to have a car with a normal driving position, relative comfort, and enough heft to keep you alive in a wreck, ergo, I think it's a good commuter car.

Flamesuit on!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:00 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

^^ Someone sure is sassy today
Old 09-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I am surprised there is not more talk on this site about the car among the choices at its price bracket.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/115...-i-bought-one/

7 page thread didn't catch your attention when it was one of the top threads for a few weeks? It's still on page 1 of this subforum...
Old 09-04-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Very familiar with them...
Old 09-06-2016, 05:28 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Billj747
Understatement of the day.

As others have said, they do feel somewhat big on the road, especially if you're used to an S2000, but they don't feel as big as a regular Mustang, partially because of the sharper turn-in and also because of the suspension in general. It's a much more "immediate" car than a Mustang GT.

You also don't care as much because they're quicker, louder, meaner and just flat out "better" than a Mustang GT.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:42 AM

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by Billj747' timestamp='1473033493' post='24054895
Understatement of the day.

As others have said, they do feel somewhat big on the road, especially if you're used to an S2000, but they don't feel as big as a regular Mustang, partially because of the sharper turn-in and also because of the suspension in general. It's a much more "immediate" car than a Mustang GT.

You also don't care as much because they're quicker, louder, meaner and just flat out "better" than a Mustang GT.
Compared to a S2K, most cars feel big... because the S2K is TINY.

I DD a 16 Mustang GT and I guess it's all subjective. Despite similar dimensions the Camaro feels much larger than it is due to its poor outward visibility. The GT350's lower hoodline does give it slightly better visibility compared to the base car's large, flat hood which probably helps the perception of perceived size even though the front track is 3" wider than the base GTs.

Quick Reply: Ford Shelby GT350