Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Funny Infiniti ads.. G vs BMW 3..

Old 01-31-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Infiniti ads.. G vs BMW 3..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOMUdhjxDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59qRXryH2g
Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 AM

Too bad the Infiniti G will always play second fiddle to the 3 series.

There are only 3 types of people who prefer the G:
1. People who can't afford the bmw (higher price/maintenance)
2. Fat people (more room)
3. Stupid people (they feel the G is better qualitatively)
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

First one was decent, second one was about as lame as that snowboarding, barrel rolling Nissan frontier commercial.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 AM

I guess only rich, thin and smart people drives BMW ...
Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I much rather have a G37 sedan over any four door 3 series and I would take a coupe over a 328 and 330.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Buy an infinity you too could out douche a bmw driver.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 20aeman

#1 and 3 are paradoxical. If a person who'd only need a decent amount of luxury and sportiness, buys a cheaper car that's more reliable, does that make him/her stupid?

Your post is stupid, not the G37 buyers.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Steponme
Originally Posted by 20aeman' timestamp='1328088760' post='21372392

#1 and 3 are paradoxical. If a person who'd only need a decent amount of luxury and sportiness, buys a cheaper car that's more reliable, does that make him/her stupid?

Your post is stupid, not the G37 buyers.
Lolcats. There are 2 products. Once is clearly superior to the other. Just because you don't care to have the superior product does not make the superior product inferior. So you'd fit in to both 1 and 3 (like the majority of G buyers).

It's an easy rationalization. You can't afford the BMM > Cognitive Dissonance > Oh wait, G is superior to the 3 series (because it's inferior enough for my tastes).

Given equal prices (both purchase and maintenance), barring you being too fat to fit in the 3, yes, you'd have to be stupid to choose the G.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 20aeman
Lolcats. There are 2 products. Once is clearly superior to the other. Just because you don't care to have the superior product does not make the superior product inferior. So you'd fit in to both 1 and 3 (like the majority of G buyers).

It's an easy rationalization. You can't afford the BMM > Cognitive Dissonance > Oh wait, G is superior to the 3 series (because it's inferior enough for my tastes).

Given equal prices (both purchase and maintenance), barring you being too fat to fit in the 3, yes, you'd have to be stupid to choose the G.
No, you're stupid for thinking just because the G gives up a tiny bit of the driving dynamics to the 3-series means it's inferior in every way. You're stupid for thinking that trading off a little bit of driving dynamics (subjective) for more affordability and reliability is...stupid. The G37 is faster and probably sportier than the 328 in the same price range. I've read a lot of your stupid posts and this paradoxical statement is just another.

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...089_166967.htm

Going by your stupid rationalization, everyone would buy a 328i for the same price, and there would be no G buyers. But there are smart people who would trade off (if any) a little bit of driving dynamics for more reliability and less worries. Also, explain how the 328 is clearly superior in your definition.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Steponme
Originally Posted by 20aeman' timestamp='1328151534' post='21375541

No, you're stupid for thinking just because the G gives up a tiny bit of the driving dynamics to the 3-series means it's inferior in every way. You're stupid for thinking that trading off a little bit of driving dynamics (subjective) for more affordability and reliability is...stupid. The G37 is faster and probably sportier than the 328 in the same price range. I've read a lot of your stupid posts and this paradoxical statement is just another.

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...089_166967.htm

Going by your stupid rationalization, everyone would buy a 328i for the same price, and there would be no G buyers. But there are smart people who would trade off (if any) a little bit of driving dynamics for more reliability and less worries. Also, explain how the 328 is clearly superior in your definition.
Why are you comparing a 328i to a G37?

G25=328i G37=335i

Again, the Bmws are more expensive. And as with more expensive luxury cars, they are more expensive to maintain. I get it. But each model is superior to it's respective G counterpart. Given the fact that you are comparing a 328 to a G37 is evidence enough of the 3 series' superiority. You literally have to go one class lower on the 3 series for the G to be competitive. And even then, the "slower/less reliable/more expensive" 3 series has always outsold the G37.

As to why they are better:

Well, they're faster, handle better, don't have low rent Nissan interiors, have lower NVH, NVH is unforgivable on the G37 (the engine would be better suited in a truck), there is a manual transmission option for the 328 (not the case for a G25), the 328i gives you comparable gas mileage with more power (turbo 328i will blow the G25 away), 335i gives better gas mileage as-is. They also don't make those nasty VQ fart noises, and don't look like catfish (but that's all subjective...I mean qualitative). And for the people buying to impress others, BMW is tier 1 luxury (with Mercedes Benz and Lexus). Infiniti is tier 2 Acura beak luxury.

Again, the only reason to really purchase the G is size, and price (initial purchase, as well as perceived maintenance costs).

Quick Reply: Funny Infiniti ads.. G vs BMW 3..