Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Getting bored with the s2000!?

Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took to the end of the page before anyone had the guts to say "You are drunk sir!". My response to your boredom is this: if I were bored with my S2000, I would make an appointment with a shrink to have my psyche psyched!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Women wear nice clothes to impress other women. Men (a lot of the times) buy nice cars to impress other men. Why this is, I have no idea.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 AM
J_B

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazyrider69
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1388357611' post='22942127
Putting a turbo on the S2000 won't mean anything to anyone when pulling up at a restaurant or club. Find yourself the car that your really want. I wouldn't be impressed by a CTS, I might be impressed by a Ferrari or Porsche.
Not sure how old you guys are, but why would you be "impressed" by what a person "rolls up" in. The person driving didn't design or build it, they bought it.

I may admire the car, but I am not impressed with person driving it. Nowadays with leasing, a lot of people can spend disposable income that they should rather be putting towards savings on a car. Don't be so impressed..... That is MOST of who are driving BMW, Mercedes and even Porsche. People who are pissing more money than they should on an item with the WORST depreciation of all anything you can buy..

Saw a lease yesterday for a Porsche Cayman lease for $499 per month. Easy for me to do I suppose, but I like that I paid for my S2000 cash with crap I sold on Ebay..... Paid in full.... $500 per month in bank every month and I sill have a car that is equally as fun to drive as Porsche and still draws respect from those who know cars....

The S2000 is a pure "driver's car".... if driving is not your objective and drawing attention is, then I think you should lease something you cannot otherwise afford to buy.... But remember.... sunken cost... you'll never have that money back.
Totally agree, I paid cash, save money every month and it's a good feeling. No one should be buying a car to look good at a restaurant anyway; to me that really isn't a reason to buy a car.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:24 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Things don't get boring. People do. If you're bored, that means that you are boring. Change something in yourself, not the car. The car is fine. If you want to get rid of the car, sign it over to me. I'll appreciate it more that some bum at a fancy restaurant.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Truth32
Women wear nice clothes to impress other women. Men (a lot of the times) buy nice cars to impress other men. Why this is, I have no idea.
Exactly and to further that point; they care about what other people think about them. Just drive a car that you like...don't worry about what other people think. If you do, you're letting society control you and your decisions.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
Things don't get boring. People do. If you're bored, that means that you are boring. Change something in yourself, not the car. The car is fine. If you want to get rid of the car, sign it over to me. I'll appreciate it more that some bum at a fancy restaurant.
Couldn't agree. The problem might be FL. It's a horrible place to live.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer' timestamp='1388413469' post='22942794
Couldn't agree. The problem might be FL. It's a horrible place to live.
Agreed. You would think it S-friendly, but with too much traffic, tourists, blazing sun, and flat straight roads. No. To the OP, change your way of thinking. You will never be happy with a car, only temporarily distracted. Impressing people is a f'n waste of time.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:03 AM

screw the old man caddy, get an Acura rlx. Now thats nice
Old 12-30-2013, 08:18 AM

I DD a RSX-S for my 40 mile/day commute to work which makes the S2000 feel like heaven on the weekends that I drive it. My RSX is quicker than my S2000 in a straight line but the S2000 is infinitely better for many reasons. Driver-oriented cockpit, fitting seats, much better suspension, better clutch feel, shorter wheelbase, etc...

Sometimes you don't realize what you've got until it's gone. I got rid of my first S2000 because it was my DD...got tired of it being so small and cramped despite all the other awesomeness. Now that my 2nd S2000 isn't my daily, I couldn't imagine getting rid of it.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way but, I didn't buy my S2k's to impress anyone. Period. My cars were purchased because I enjoy them for what they are. I didn't buy them to street race or play with the "Gen Y "idiots in EVOS, Subarus, Civics, Integras ... etc. If you're not feeling the love for the S2000 then time to move on and get something that caters to your need to impress others. Let the S2000 go to someone who "Gets it". "She" and you will both be happier.

Quick Reply: Getting bored with the s2000!?