Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Hi Rev Tuners: most tasteless show on TV

Old 12-09-2002, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Rev Tuners: most tasteless show on TV

Speed channel has this show called Hi Rev Tuners. Some of the ugliest crap I've seen featured here. They do stupid things like feature POS products from APC when they went to SEMA rather than highlight new products from RAYS, Spoon, etc.

Their website is still stuck in the days of neon green and purple/pink.

I hope someone that works for the Speed Channel is reading this. They need to get that junk off the air. It's a disgrace to their network.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:47 AM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

The features are tied in to the sponsors. It's a 30 minute paid advertisement, really.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it is a dumb show. But it replaced an even dumber show. I forget the name but the hosts would say "crispy" or "crunchy" when talking about a nice car. IT WAS THE WORST CAR SHOW EVER!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:04 AM

It's more or less a 30 minute video version of Super Street, though I think even Super Street mag wouldn't neglect Rays or other high line pieces of gear. That show seems to be nothing more than reports on comic cars (as I call them). Nothing wrong with that I guess but wouldn't it be nice if some of the hardcore Japanese video mags found their way on the Speed Channel...that would be worth setting your VCR to.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:16 AM

what's Speed Channel?

more like NASCAR Channel
Old 12-09-2002, 09:24 AM

One of the worst show about cars ever. With segments titled "Cool Ridez" it is owned by a press of the "clicker", that is the remote control (for you older guys). Brought to you by PEP BOYZ.

Tan
Old 12-09-2002, 09:25 AM

Originally posted by alexf20c
what's Speed Channel?

more like NASCAR Channel

My cable provider picked up the Speed Channel late last year. When I first started watching it I thought it was a great channel with lots of variety. I have to agree with you though alex, now almost everything thats on the channel when I turn to it is NASCAR related. I know NASCAR is extremely popular with many people (definitley not me) but you need to have some variety if you want to build a bigger audience. I've become very disappointed with them.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:04 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

During the week, most of the regular programmin on Speed is NASCAR stuff, sure. But on Tuesdays, you can find lots of motorcycle action, I think Wed or Thr is the boat racing day, and the weekends often have lost of WRC, Speed Challenge, ALMS, Grand-Am, CART, F1 and the like. (Depending on the series schedule, of course.) Avoid the NASCAR stuff during the evenings after work, and check the schedule for interesting stuff during Sat and Sun afternoons - there's plenty of good stuff to watch.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
[B]During the week, most of the regular programmin on Speed is NASCAR stuff, sure.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:20 AM

On the weekends they have british touring car races and aussie V8s races. It is pretty cool. Latley they have had a lot of SCCA races. But it is still NASCAR crap most of the time.

Quick Reply: Hi Rev Tuners: most tasteless show on TV