Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Is Hyundai the new Honda?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn
Originally Posted by Saki GT' timestamp='1321467468' post='21161241
"I never did it for the money" - Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires
Don't even bring apple in this mess, they need to update that 4g badly before everyone jumps on the droid. The iphone has the same problem there running off there reputation. Yet like honda there still selling millions of phones and the droid has better features and is faster. People go on what they know is a solid item with proven reliabilty...That is why you buy a honda over the new kia or hyundai regardless of the new cool things that the others have.
I really don't think that's the case. Apple is waiting for the smaller 28nm chip architecture to stabilize before updating to 4G in order to avoid sacrificing design choices to accommodate a large chip with a 4G antenna. In addition, 4G & current microchip architecture combine to be very, very battery hungry, which is another sacrifice they aren't willing to make. The rest of your statement is pretty subjective/based in opinion rather than fact and isn't even worth addressing.

Honda is certainly in a lull of innovation at the moment. They are not in freefall yet, but it's beginning to loom. If you really want to liken this situation to that of smart phones, we are essentially looking at RIM circa 2009. The iPhone was hitting its stride, Droid phones were coming into prominence, and rather than continue to innovate, or even react to the growing threat, RIM rested on its laurels. Look at where that's left them today - on the brink of irrelevance.

Honda may find themselves there too at the rate things are going.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts

"I never did it for the money" - Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires
Don't even bring apple in this mess, they need to update that 4g badly before everyone jumps on the droid. The iphone has the same problem there running off there reputation. Yet like honda there still selling millions of phones and the droid has better features and is faster. People go on what they know is a solid item with proven reliabilty...That is why you buy a honda over the new kia or hyundai regardless of the new cool things that the others have.

Once again, you miss the point entirely.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, some really exciting news coming from Honda at the Los Angeles Car Show....
Old 11-19-2011, 01:43 PM

That's why I have a Windows Phone now. So you're saying that it doesn't make if other makes a better products we're still buying Honda for it glory reputation? Speak for your self men.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Ugh, Windows phone. I have a Windows 6.5 phone and it's a huge piece of crap. Window's phone support is horrible, they let things drop after a while, their updating software has all kinds of compatibility issues and it's just a mess. I will never buy one again.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:37 PM

Yeah 6.5 was lame. Try the new windows phone it is in another league
Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 PM

I just bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS on Sunday. Very excited to pick it up on Friday and taking it out on the road.

I ddi test drive a brand new Honda Accord and I've gotta say, the Hyundai impressed me a lot more. I think Hyundai is beating out many in the industry because they offer a hell of a lot more for less money. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Hyundais new line up is pretty nice, especially the Genesis
Old 11-28-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just went to a big auto show in Phoenix over Thanksgiving. The Hyundai section was swarming with people, while Honda's section was quite barren. >.<

Honda's lineup, to me, is pretty lackluster.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ookielookie
Just went to a big auto show in Phoenix over Thanksgiving. The Hyundai section was swarming with people, while Honda's section was quite barren. >.<
Honda's lineup, to me, is pretty lackluster.
Exactly!
Honda announces with a press release all sorts of blah, blah, blah about more economy, yawn
Meanwhile Hyundai's CEO John Krafcik announces with a tweet at a dinner table the confirmation that the Veloster is indeed coming with a 204hp Turbo
Roll over Honda, pull the blanket back up over your head

My next car!

Quick Reply: Is Hyundai the new Honda?