Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I dont miss my bike

Old 04-04-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 40 mile freeway commute will put chicken strips on any tire.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:29 PM

i don't have a bike yet, but i'd like one. I'm only 21 but i'll tell you right now i won't be at the local meets. ever. in my opinion, at lot of people i see ride like they have death wishes, i wanna ride for fun, and i dont' want to make my parents go to my funeral. i'm thinking keeping it on the track is better idea for me. anyway, i say screw what other people have to say. i used to mod a civic till i gave it to my bro and got the S, the one big thing i noticed is the difference between the people on this board as compared to the other forums i used to read, (and sometimes still do for entertainment), intelligence. you all are a lot more mature and as i've gotten older i tend to put these riders who chill at meets with shorts and a wife beater on in the same group as those kids who show up with cars that i wouldn't leave my garage in. before i get flamed, i know i'm overgeneralizing, but you get the idea. i have friends who'll ride around without a jacket, i still love em, but i don't think its the right thing to do when you have family waiting for your safe arrival. you gotta do what you gotta do for yourself. i wont waste my time in a parking lot with some kids who are very proud that they have the same thing i have, a cool bike. i'd rather gain real skill on a track and have something to be proud of, and ride with a couple real friends, not riding partners, friends. think about what Rossi would think of you, or your wife, not the dude from down the street.

btw....this trend, to be the almighty best, and coolest, and toughest, is not related to certain sports, i think its our society. my friends and i have been discussing this lately. everyone thinks they are some kind of Tony Montana or something now days, its rediculous. i see it everywhere i go, every day i'm more disgusted with a lot of american's attitudes. we are smarter and better than that, i thought. without a doubt though, you see it everywhere in popular modern pop culture and advertising, etc. wow, i just went nuts, ok thats enough from me, peace out
Old 05-07-2005, 08:30 PM

heh, this is funny cause I was thinking a lot of the same things. I just started taking the MSF classes and my stupid ego at first made me get a 600. I rode the 250 and had 10 times the fun on it than I do on my 600 since it's just more meant for me. I'm pretty close to convinced to pick up a 250 for a couple months and then move onto my 600.

I also met a couple people in the MSF that got on my nerves. There's a couple of guys in there who also have 600's and have been riding regularly they say (maybe they do or maybe they dont). They stalled, couldn't get on the gas even a little bit through the turns cause they just had no clue what they were doing, almost hit the instructor early on, had no control with the brakes, etc. Yet here they were bragging about how they're so awesome with their 600's. One kid even smiled at the end and said how he's gonna bring his bike to the next class. For what reason? I really don't have a clue. Maybe his penis will look nice and big to a bunch of guys...who knows. I can completely see why so many people hate all the newbies on the 600's and +. The others whom seemed responsible and either had 250's or were thinking of purchasing a small m/c picked up the most and truely improved well beyond these "pro's with 600's."

It really scares me how completely oblivious people are to their testosterone. I personally only ride my bike in my neighborhood AT the speed limit and goto this large parking lot at the school. The reason I do this is because I don't want to be some irresonsible idiot who tries to do things beyond his/her skill. The 600 honestly made a very hard learning curve to ride compared to the 250 and it's only after I purchased it that I realized the mistake. Which I think is a part of the problem with most new M/C buyers. They buy it to fit in with the cool trend. I personally bought mine because my best friend back in NY bought one so I figured I gotta have one too and I've been itching to get one for a longggggg time and I said I'd get one if he bit the bullet and got one also. Pretty much for personal pleasure and to basically say to myself I can ride a 600 no problem. Stupid - I most definately agree.

It's just amazing to me that someone who can barely lean to take a corner at 10mph actually commutes day to day on a bike that's meant for experienced riders. There was about 4 of them that were actually just at the MSF...I can only imagine how many others there must be and why there is such a bad rep.

Agreed with the group rides. People have to prove themselves to be either better or equal to others at the very least. I think after the group rides are successful once, the person might go off again to try and push the limits even more to go even harder next group ride and thus probably end up going a bit too far.