Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lexus LF-LC

Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus LF-LC

I think it looks awesome. A little over the top on some angles but I love the avant garde design. Suppose to be much more accessible than the LFA (cheaper). More photos on the link.

The Lexus LF-LC concept has been leaking on the Internet longer than most Detroit-bound reveals, but that doesn't make the 2+2 coupe any less stunning. The concept clearly shows the design progression that started with the CT 200h and made real strides with the 2013 GS.

The hot-looking coupe was penned by Lexus' Calty design studio in Newport Beach, California. It comes as no surprise to us that this rolling design study also packs hybrid power, but Lexus claims that the sleek sports car will also deliver cutting-edge driving dynamics.

We're all for a Lexus with track aspirations, but this coupe is a design study that promises to further reveal the future of Lexus design. The LF-LC boldly displays Lexus' new spindle grill, while also mixing in sharp angles and elegant curves. The LF-LC also suggests to us that the LF-A may not be a one-and-done foray into the exotic sports coupe segment, but at the same time Lexus promises that the LF-LC could "remain within reach for premium buyers."

Outside of audacious LED headlamps and about two inches of ground clearance the exterior of the LF-LC looks production ready. The same cannot be said for the futuristic but still very cool cabin. the cabin is dominated by rich leather, tons of suede, thin yet elegant seats and more polished wood than a bowling alley. Actually, the center stack looks like it could spit out a 14-pound ball with three holes, and that's not a bad thing.

The tech story is equally impressive, as a pair of 12.3-inch screens that pull information and navigation duties, respectively. The impressive screen dominating the center stack is of the touch-sensitive variety, and it also controls audio, climate and navigation. The LF-LC also features a keyboard that helps the driver with more complex entries... hopefully for when this high-end Lexus remains in park. Lexus has gone further still with the touch tech, as doors, windows, mirrors, seats and entertainment systems are all manipulated through similar controls on the doors.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/l...012/#continued
Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to be cheaper than the LF-A? I thought LF-LC would coincide with the LF-A like the 612 scaglietti is to the 599 gtb.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by samerthehammer
This is going to be cheaper than the LF-A? I thought LF-LC would coincide with the LF-A like the 612 scaglietti is to the 599 gtb.
I made the conclusion based on this quote.

Lexus promises that the LF-LC could "remain within reach for premium buyers."
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 AM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe the new Supra?

Somebody had to say it.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks pretty sharp!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nandska
Maybe the new Supra?

Somebody had to say it.
I won't complain... Especially if it's closer to Supra pricing
Old 01-10-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts

I see LF-LC and can't help but think FLCL...
Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They could stand to tone down the front a little bit, but overall looks nice.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

They need to chop off the front and rear and try again. That thing is hideous.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Looks way better than the new NSX right now.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-LC