S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Looking for an SUV with baby coming and all. Update. Finally bought a car! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/looking-suv-baby-coming-all-update-finally-bought-car-1091599/)

s4play 08-05-2014 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2 (Post 23250202)
So what have you bought?

Nothing at this time, we have enough cars in our stable and a pair of SUV's!

Waiting on the Tesla Model X due in 2015 at this point....

Moddiction 08-05-2014 09:45 AM

I think we are pretty set on the previous generation MDX with the advance package and hopefully entertainment package as well. For mid 30's I have found some nice 2012-2013 models with under 20k miles on them in white with the umber interior color I have been wanting!
Not in a crazy rush so I will wait for the right deal to pop up close by hopefully. Baby isn't due until christmas day and won't be taking baby anywhere right away so not in a rush.

marthafokker 08-05-2014 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by s4play (Post 23274006)

Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1405730245' post='23250202
So what have you bought?

Nothing at this time, we have enough cars in our stable and a pair of SUV's!

Waiting on the Tesla Model X due in 2015 at this point....

You like the falcon doors?

I can only imagine 300+ hp BEV. I have one detuned Tesla setup (RAV4ev) with only 155hp... and it is fast. Guess I have to wait for the model 3. Wife would not let me spend $100k on a car.

Moddiction 08-08-2014 12:58 PM

Local place just got in a 2013 RDX tech package in white AWD so I am going to go check it out in an hour and see how I like it. Think I could do without the 3rd row seats and if needing more cargo area could get a roof carrier of some sorts.
Much better gas mileage than the MDX and has some newer tech as well. A little faster too but seems to have gotten worse handling and steering feel etc.

Slithr 08-09-2014 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction (Post 23279047)
Local place just got in a 2013 RDX tech package in white AWD so I am going to go check it out in an hour and see how I like it. Think I could do without the 3rd row seats and if needing more cargo area could get a roof carrier of some sorts.
Much better gas mileage than the MDX and has some newer tech as well. A little faster too but seems to have gotten worse handling and steering feel etc.

Those rooftop carriers are a ton of fun when it's raining hard and mama and baby are hollering for their stuff. After 8 years of driving a mini-van mama wanted a change so we got a Suburban. Not as much fun to drive as an RDX, but they go down the road like the Santa Fe express and carry you, your children, their friends and all your stuff. Just saying, in the long run whether with a mini-van or big SUV, the space and utility more than made up for any perceived driving deficiencies. You won't believe how fast space gets used up. However, you are writing the check so you get to choose. Choose wisely Grasshopper.

:)

Moddiction 08-09-2014 07:47 AM

Rdx is out. Don't like it nearly as much as the MDX!

Had a 2012 white mdx tech there. Really nice. Guess gf is wanting to trade her car so it's up to her now if we're getting that one.

I was thinking of selling my legacy gt and get it but I'd rather sell mine for another performance sedan. Thinking of a b8 S4 possibly but I'll see.

Dizings2k 08-10-2014 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction (Post 23279819)
Rdx is out. Don't like it nearly as much as the MDX!

Had a 2012 white mdx tech there. Really nice. Guess gf is wanting to trade her car so it's up to her now if we're getting that one.

I was thinking of selling my legacy gt and get it but I'd rather sell mine for another performance sedan. Thinking of a b8 S4 possibly but I'll see.

Funny you posted this... Our 2009 RDX is in for service and they gave us a 2014 RDX as a loaner. I hate it. The seats are absolutely awful and I can't seem to get the drivers seat to adjust to a point where its not hurting my back. It drives like a heavy FWD car too. Handles nothing like our current RDX. Although I do welcome the softer ride quality, I feel it still handles like it's very front heavy.

I do like how quiet it is on the highway, that is very noticeable over our current. Although I do notice a howl/whistle from the air passing over the mirrors at highway speeds, don't like that. The old RDX does not feel like a tarted up CRV, this one definitely does. I don't think it's worth it for the money.

Moddiction 08-10-2014 07:15 AM

Yeah. The older model I am sure would be a lot more fun to drive but seems way too small for us. MDX seems perfect in really every way except fuel economy but oh well. Neither of us have long commutes or anything so not a big deal!

Dizings2k 08-10-2014 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction (Post 23280648)
Yeah. The older model I am sure would be a lot more fun to drive but seems way too small for us. MDX seems perfect in really every way except fuel economy but oh well. Neither of us have long commutes or anything so not a big deal!

Yeah that is another thing we noticed, soon as we sat in the new one the wife commented that it seemed more spacious. Not sure if it actually is or if it's just the interior design.

We have our first on the way and she seems to think that we will be able to get by with 2 kids in that RDX. We have plans to jump to the new MDX soon as she allows it! I think she'll be caving earlier than she thinks!

Moddiction 08-10-2014 07:44 AM

New RDX is quite a bit bigger from reading up on it! New MDX seems to be better than the previous MDX but I just hate the looks of it now and I like how the previous MDX drives more! Worse on gas mileage, much heavier, smaller etc but just like how it feels more! Also the new one how I would want it would be out of the budget for now. Would be 55k or so loaded like the 2012 I was looking at!