Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Looks Like GREAT news for BAR Honda F1

Old 11-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks Like GREAT news for BAR Honda F1

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/new...117213431.shtml
Old 11-18-2004, 01:28 PM

looks like 2005 may be the year
Old 11-19-2004, 01:33 AM

On Autosport.com, they have already stated that Honda has bought a whopping 40 % of the BAR team. Non-controlling shares of course....hahaha riiiight, it will be an all Honda team in the next couple of years, just like what Renault did. Supply engine, buy team, bada bing bada boom....
Old 11-19-2004, 02:41 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best news of all...

"However BAR team principal David Richards - who guided the team to their most successful season last term where they finished runners-up in the constructors championship behind Ferrari despite not winning a race - is expected to leave and be succeeded by managing director Nick Fry."

Old 11-19-2004, 05:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mav,Nov 19 2004, 05:41 AM
Best news of all...

"However BAR team principal David Richards - who guided the team to their most successful season last term where they finished runners-up in the constructors championship behind Ferrari despite not winning a race - is expected to leave and be succeeded by managing director Nick Fry."

He is an asshole.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by GChambers,Nov 19 2004, 06:41 AM

He is an asshole.
He might be an asshole, but he manages teams very well. He managed Bennetton after Flavio left in the late 90's and Basically ran the FIA World Rally Championship a few years back...I dont like him as a person, but i definitely respect him for what he has done for the BAR team. Hopefully Nick Fry will be able to equal/surpass him in the coming years.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:48 AM

I never bought into this whole Dave Richards is an asshole song and dance. All I have ever seen from him is hard nosed management, and smart business moves. Sending him packing after the team's far-and-away most successful season makes no sense at all. He has a proven track record in motorsports, and he pulled BAR out of squalor, this is how they reward that?

On a separate note, I am opposed to auto manufacturer ownership of F1 teams, it is pure poison for the sport. This is how Stewart Ford becomes Jaguar and then closes up shop. Racers should run F1 teams, not shareholders and bean counters. The big auto company
Old 11-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FormulaBMWracer,Nov 19 2004, 08:49 AM
He might be an asshole, but he manages teams very well. He managed Bennetton after Flavio left in the late 90's and Basically ran the FIA World Rally Championship a few years back...I dont like him as a person, but i definitely respect him for what he has done for the BAR team. Hopefully Nick Fry will be able to equal/surpass him in the coming years.
I think that more of BAR's success on the track comes from Honda's more active role in day to day operations and engineering, not Richards leadership.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Banned

Here is the OFFICAL news

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/new...119140802.shtml

Its sounds good to me SO far, DR is out end of Feb.
As far as DR being and asshole... Im not in complete agreement, he has done a great job since replacing Pollack. We shall see what happens now, Once Fry takes over.
I am extremely HAPPY the GW will still continue in his Current position, and I like the overall idea that Honda owns 45%
We shall see what the future brings
Old 11-19-2004, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by GChambers,Nov 19 2004, 12:13 PM
I think that more of BAR's success on the track comes from Honda's more active role in day to day operations and engineering, not Richards leadership.
That, and the fact that he sacked Villeneuve as soon as possible to replace him with Sato, which in turn brought the teams budget up quite considerably due to Villeneuve's paid salary that he was getting at BAR....never liked that guy anyways, but it will be interesting to see how well he does at Sauber, and for the first time, im really anticipating Fisichella being in a top team for the first time ever in his career. He has been touted as one of the best in the pitlane, usually ranked only second to Schuey in terms of sheer talent. It'll be a good season!

On another note, who do you think is gonna get the vacant seat at Williams??
-my vote goes for Heidfeld, i remember him smokin everybody back in the days of Junior Mclaren in f3000, and he is a great driver, just never really been in the right spot at the right time...

Quick Reply: Looks Like GREAT news for BAR Honda F1