Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Mitsubishi EVO X

Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Jan 18 2006, 10:47 PM
inaccurate info. the new X will have its chassis, the 4g is dead, SMG will be an option, and the car will look nothing like that. we have received some schematics on the new X. none of the chassis parts have anything in common with chrysler.
I guess what you are trying to say is that the X will come with its own chassis? There is no way. Mitsubishi doesn't have the $$ to do that. Its no secret that the underpinnings for the next Lancer platform has been designed and engineered to be shared between the brands. As for SMG being an option... you could be right. But everything I have read over the past year contradicts what you are saying. Understand too that just because a "platform" is shared doesn't mean that doesn't mean that the underpinnings are 100% the same across the board.

Obviosly the car will not look like that. Thats a no-brainer. Car after car after car thats being developed wears the old body style laid upon the new underpinnings. Its to keep prying eyes like the ones that took these photos from capturing the vehicle in its intirity way before an unvieling. Just off the top of my head, the new miata test mules were developed wearing the old body. That is standard practice. Only a newbie to cars (not saying you are) would say "Uhh, that car looks the same, its not going to look like that"

Just out of curiousity, who is "we" anyway? If you work for Mitsubishi... I still wouldn't trust the info they gave you. Mitsubishi isn't the best at telling the truth. Remember those little safety issues they lied about for 10 years??

Flame suit on.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

First google return for "Next Lancer"

Automobile.com

"It is expected that when the Evolution gets overhauled it will ride on an all-new small car chassis architecture, feature a version of the new global engine co-developed with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai,..."

Fourth google return...

Autocar.co.uk

"The Lancer sits on an all-new platform that Mitsubishi claims is flexible enough to spawn a range of models over the next few years, including a replacement for the road-biased four-wheel drive Outlander."

...and so on and so on....