Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My car has been hit twice this week while parked.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:07 AM
-X-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car has been hit twice this week while parked.

I really can't believe this. Last Wednesday I was about to leave school, and come out to my Miata with the back end of a 280Z on the front bumper. The guy had left his car in neutral and I guess his parking brake failed; so his car rolled about 4-5 feet into my car. Damage was minimal, just a couple of small scrapes and two minor creases.

Anyway, today I go out to my car between classes and there's my Miata with the hood and fender smashed in. There's also this guy and two cops standing there. I ask the guy what happened and he says somthing like "I don't know, I was just backing up and..." (points to my car).

To make a long story short he drives a lifted Chevy Silverado ext cab truck and didn't see my car while he was backing up. The only thing I could figure out was that his truck's rear chassis ended up on my miatas' front passenger side fender and hood. It didn't look like his trucks' rear bumper was even touched. My fender and hood are both somewhat crumpled and I think they will both have to be replaced.

This really annoys me, but I guess I should be glad he didn't just take off and leave me to report it to my insurance. I just can't believe that this has happened twice in one week while my car was parked. Oh well. I may post pics later.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, So sorry to hear all that crap happened. I hate loosers in jacked up trucks. If your truck is so big that you can't see behind you there is a problem. WHat if that had been a child behind that silverado. What an idiot.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:19 AM

ur lucky atleast he was their, some idiot backed into my s2k last month at the mall and took off leaving his white paint on my black s2k! i went home and washed it and buffed it, u can't really tell the damage unless u a little scratched up and cracking of the paint, i'm soo worried that the paint will eventually start to peel just like it did on my 240, i hate people with their big cars who seem to always be in a hurry and can't take an extra 10 seconds out to be a bit more careful!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:25 AM

I feel you pain, I just went through a two week stretch where an 18 wheeler lost a tred directly in front of me and I had no choice but to run straight over it, bye bye front spoiler. Then just a few days later some asshole deer decides to step in front of my car, bye bye side view mirror.

Good luck getting your baby back in one piece again.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:34 AM

stop parking where theres heavy traffic.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:13 PM

traffic doesn't even seem to matter I park as far away as possible and it never fails, some jacka$$ will still screw up something. I have been hit and run 3 times
Old 11-17-2004, 02:24 PM

.... some asshole deer decides to step in front of my car...
I've never heard of an asshole dear, black tail, white tail...sure, but asshole....
Old 11-17-2004, 06:27 PM

the assholes are the ones that step in front of your car

deer that don't stay in the woods get the f out of the road

18 wheelers that lose treds in front of me
Old 11-17-2004, 06:32 PM

you need to paint your car to the color of, New Formula Red. hehe
Old 11-17-2004, 10:19 PM

At least the guy did stop and report it. And you get a newly painted front end that won't have any of the rock chips of the original!

Before I get into my big winter beater, I try and look at the path I'm going to pull out....

Quick Reply: My car has been hit twice this week while parked.