Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Need help! CEL with code P0606 (PCM fault)

Old 01-24-2010, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! CEL with code P0606 (PCM fault)

So I haven't had much luck on scionlife.com so I thought I would ask around...

On wednesday my car was parked outside on my college campus during the heavy storm we just had here in SoCal the past week. My car was parked roughly for abuot 12 hours (7am till around 730pm) and when I go to leave my CEL came on.

I have a linear logic scangauge II hooked up in my car so I checked the code and it said P0606 (some kind of PCM fault) and when I tried to clear it it would come right back on again. So I drove the car for about 15min or so, cleared the code and it stayed off so I thought "cool..just a fluke.."

Now on friday night when I was coming back from my lunch break from work, I hit a puddle coming into my works drive and the CEL came on again with the same code. Just FYI I hit much deeper puddles before and throughout the entire week during this storm and never once did the CEL come on, the fact that it came on with such a small puddle pulling into my drive way confused..coincidence maybe?

Anyway, the code doesn't stay off this time. I've examined everything I could (went WOT, checked cruise control, shifted through the gears manual since my car is an automatic, checked the AC/heater, radio, etc..) and everything works perfectly fine.

Now I noticed since yesterday it seems like it randomly throws other codes. It threw a P0101 (map or maf? can't remember..) and this morning a p0138 (high voltage to o2 sensor) and those codes usually stay off once I clear them.

The only thing I have no tried is resetting the battery but wouldn't resetting the battery be like clearing the code with my scangauge?

My serpentine belt has also been slipping for a few months now (haven't gotten around to fixing it..I know I should but I just haven't had the time :/) but since the code is related to the powetrain controle module and not the engine I don't believe this is part of the problem???

Anyway any help is appreciated! I tried to be as specific as I could..if you need anymore information I'll do my best to get it to you.

Go figure the car is going to get paid off after I get my ta return and this crap starts to happen haha