Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Exhaust

Old 08-04-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust

Hopefully arrive next week. Anyone fitted, or got any tips on changing exhausts? This is my 1st bike.

CBR 600 RR 2005
Old 08-04-2005, 08:44 AM

revjunky has that exhaust on his 03. It in loud as hell. Too ricey for my tastes......

good luck tho
Old 08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
jah

when done, inspect that the pipe is not in contact with anything plastic.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:29 AM

i have a good idea for you... sell it as soon as you get it that is the worst looking exhaust on the face of the earth. the shape is absolutly horrible, and the can looks so damn big it makes the rear look so mishaped. honestly i think it looks like someone cut off parts of your tail because so much of the exhaust sticks out and the can is so big. you should have gone with either Arata, akro, or Termi. personally i am putting termi's on both my yamaha's
Old 08-10-2005, 10:15 PM

Well for starters you are not putting a Tri Oval on your bike.

I've always thought Yosh's seemed wierd on anything but Suzuki but you have purchased a quality can none the less. Enjoy, and take your time during the install, check and recheck every nut and bolt.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Ok the can is fitted. I now need to ride with ear plugs. It is fooking loud. I think it looks good on the bike. It fits really well and i don't know what you mean about it sticking out? It fits just like the old one did?

I had to remove the old heat shield and use sticky sided foil as a heat shield.

Old 08-14-2005, 02:28 PM

that's bigger than the can on my car!

application looks good though
Old 08-14-2005, 03:44 PM

it is slightly bigger than the stock one.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Putney,Aug 14 2005, 02:12 PM
Ok the can is fitted. I now need to ride with ear plugs. It is fooking loud. I think it looks good on the bike. It fits really well and i don't know what you mean about it sticking out? It fits just like the old one did?

I had to remove the old heat shield and use sticky sided foil as a heat shield.

Most people don't really listen to Blue Balls. If he doesn't have it then it's probably not cool until he gets it.

The problem with these threads is that you are having for the most part, a bunch of car guys commenting on bikes who don't seem to have anything useful to say or discuss. That is why I visit very rarely and each time my feelings are confirmed.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by JayDeeEm,Aug 14 2005, 10:44 PM
Most people don't really listen to Blue Balls. If he doesn't have it then it's probably not cool until he gets it.

The problem with these threads is that you are having for the most part, a bunch of car guys commenting on bikes who don't seem to have anything useful to say or discuss. That is why I visit very rarely and each time my feelings are confirmed.

I guess you're specifically pointing out Blue Balls but I want to stick up for myself and the forum.

The point of the forum is a place for car guys with bikes, so your observation is right on there.

I think you should be more careful stereotyping these people as men with nothing useful to say. I'm guessing I know just as much about cars and bikes (driving them and working on them) as you.

I do hate those guys that don't like anything they don't have though!!!

Quick Reply: New Exhaust