Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Exhaust

Old 09-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PC's are not needed unless you run a full exhaust. it would just be a waste of money with a slip on
Old 09-05-2005, 08:21 PM

i disagree. having a PCIII with a custom map with a stock exhaust will yield nominal but documented results. you will get more out of a full exhaust (and alot of your lower end back) with a custom map, but a custom map will help any fuel injected bike.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:02 AM

HA HA you think the yoshi pipe is loud you haven't heard my Jardine w/ race baffle ! Thats loud! but I love it, traffic can hear me coming !
Old 09-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by BroncoHound,Sep 5 2005, 11:21 PM
i disagree. having a PCIII with a custom map with a stock exhaust will yield nominal but documented results. you will get more out of a full exhaust (and alot of your lower end back) with a custom map, but a custom map will help any fuel injected bike.
like i said they are not needed on a slip on or stock exhaust. will they gain very little power yes, in my opinion not worth the money. like i said they are not needed unless you have a full exhaust
Old 09-10-2005, 02:04 PM

on most modern fuel injected sportbikes, a pc with the correct map is actually one of the higher doller per HP ratios around. if your dyno numbers are what you care about, it is a good investment. i don't have one because the bike runs fine without it and 120 whp is more then enough for me. i have no need to go any faster, which is also another reason i am riding a "late model" literbike rather then the latest and greatest. benchracing means nothing to me, so i agree it is not really worth the money. if you are the type to spend $200 on a carbon fiber front fender so you can shave 1.3 lbs and tell all your buddies how light your bike is (when all you had to do was skip lunch the day of your race/track day/benchracing session and you would come under the same weight) then a PC on a stock exhaust or slip-on is a very worthwile modification.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BroncoHound,Sep 10 2005, 05:04 PM
on most modern fuel injected sportbikes, a pc with the correct map is actually one of the higher doller per HP ratios around. if your dyno numbers are what you care about, it is a good investment. i don't have one because the bike runs fine without it and 120 whp is more then enough for me. i have no need to go any faster, which is also another reason i am riding a "late model" literbike rather then the latest and greatest. benchracing means nothing to me, so i agree it is not really worth the money. if you are the type to spend $200 on a carbon fiber front fender so you can shave 1.3 lbs and tell all your buddies how light your bike is (when all you had to do was skip lunch the day of your race/track day/benchracing session and you would come under the same weight) then a PC on a stock exhaust or slip-on is a very worthwile modification.
there is no way to justify a pc3 on any bike with all stock componets. in fact if you talk to any major retail store, parts company, or tuning company they are all going to agree and say that it would be a complete waste of money to put on on a a stock bike, i take what you said as you agreeing to that statment so i am done with that talk.