Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New House, Need Lift Ideas

Old 12-22-2021, 07:16 AM

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Good point about the power.

My lift is an HD-7W with the 110 outlet option so no re-wiring for mine either. Will lift the car from the ground to full height in about 45 seconds.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:27 AM

Received 424 Likes on 299 Posts

Dizings and Quickag,

What are you ceiling heights? I think I have 10 or 11 feet and wondered how much you have to watch your head getting in and out. (and I am short)

Someone posted a thread on here a while ago about getting a Wildfire double lift for a two car garage. I think they did it custom for him. Wildfire is in Minneapolis near me so I might check them out.

I was looking at the Autostacker you see in all the car mags but they tend to run almost twice as much as a four post lift.

John

Last edited by vader1; 12-22-2021 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:30 AM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
Dizings and Quickag,

What are you ceiling heights? I think I have 10 or 11 feet and wondered how much you have to watch your head getting in and out. (and I am short)

Someone posted a thread on here a while ago about getting a Wildfire double lift for a two car garage. I think they did it custom for him.

I was looking at the Autostacker you see in all the car mags but they tend to run almost twice as much as a four post lift.

John
My celings are pretty standard 9' and the Vette and Blackwing fit fine. I do have to duck a bit when moving under the lift, but it's no biggie. I've bumped my head once or twice and you start to remember after that. haha.
The following users liked this post:
vader1 (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by vader1
Dizings and Quickag,

Someone posted a thread on here a while ago about getting a Wildfire double lift for a two car garage. I think they did it custom for him. Wildfire is in Minneapolis near me so I might check them out.

John
11' ceilings here. I have since switched that light fixture above the S for slimmer... if I put the top down on the S I can raise the S high enough to walk under the lift without ducking at all. (6' tall)
vader1 (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 08:37 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Will lift the car from the ground to full height in about 45 seconds.
My EZcarlift takes 90 seconds to get to it's max height of 27".

-- Chuck
Old 12-22-2021, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
My EZcarlift takes 90 seconds to get to it's max height of 27".

-- Chuck
Still better than jackstands!
Old 12-22-2021, 09:15 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the triumph c7000. It's very similar to the max jax mid height lift. The hydraulics look identical.

Pros: Portable - it's light enough I can move the posts by myself and will lift 72". Paid little over 3k shipped to a distribution center, and used a small trailer to haul it home.
Cons: It's made in China (and I understand iphones are also made in China) and some of it's construction shows it. The anchor holes aren't exactly identical. This doesn't impact the functionality of the lift, but it's noticeable and speaks to some of the attention to detail.

It meets my needs. My ceilings are 10ft and there were garage door considerations I had to factor in (I have front and rear doors). If I had roll up doors, I may have went with one of the garage oriented two post bendpaks. Homedepot will deliver them to your door. This is a very nice convenience. If I could do it all over again and could afford it, I'd love a clear floor mohawk. But go price them and decide if your use case works for that.

BTW, Bendpak also manufactures in China.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:10 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Dizings2k
Good point about the power.

My lift is an HD-7W with the 110 outlet option so no re-wiring for mine either. Will lift the car from the ground to full height in about 45 seconds.
Do you have the platforms set to the wider width so you have the ~44" spacing between the runways or the narrower platforms with ~37"? I've been considering the Atlas and the Bendpak and the Bendpak seems to have the option of having two widths for the platforms which is nice. In the real world I'm not sure how big a difference that 7-8" makes..
Old 12-23-2021, 12:12 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

For a tight garage I'm a big fan of these scissor style lifts where you cut and repour the forms so the lift sits flush with the concrete when not in use. Installation cost is obviously going to be quite a bit higher but for a tighter garage (width wise) it beats a standard two post lift. A friend has a few of these at their shop and he loves them. They are basically the functional equivalent of a 2 post.

JonBoy (12-24-2021)
Old 12-24-2021, 10:59 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

SlowTeg - that is an awesome setup! I like that a lot.

Any idea of weight limitations? With the scissor function, it's going to have variable mechanical advantage as it rises, so I'm guessing it's not meant for heavier vehicles...

EDIT: I did some research and it seems that particular lift can be had with a 9,000 lb capacity, which is awesome. About $9600+ taxes in Canada.

Quick Reply: New House, Need Lift Ideas