Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Ring Times for Godzilla

Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This video is so fake. I timed it with my ZR-1 stopwatch and it came out over 8 minutes. Plus, the sky is the same color as it is in GT4, it's so obvious that there's some CG editing going on. There is no way this big fat hog can be faster than a VW beetle.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ lol...

i think that to answer the question of how the gtr beats all these amazing supercars is easy. they are the only ones who care enough about it to spen months learning the track and shaving a second here and there. i honestly believe that if ferrari could be bothered that several of there cars could put down times this good.

i mean are the three fastest production cars in the world really the gtr, zr1 and acr? no, they are just the only ones with nothing better to do.

yes they are all ungodly fast, and i dream of owning one, but i know that they are not the worlds fastest, and thats fine, for the price they shouldn't be.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChuckV,Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM
Nissan did when it broke the "sub 8 minute reccord".

Accusations have been made against GM, and it was revealed that the RS4 sub 8 minute time was using racing slicks.

Personally, I think the GTR number is bunk. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise, to be honest. I just can't believe that it beats cars like the CGT, Enzo, or Zonda F, that are in a different class in every measure of performance, acceleration, handling, and braking. A car that can accelerate 30% faster, brake 30% faster, and corner 30% faster will be faster around a track, end of story.

Good on Nissan for building such a great car. Just don't see why they feel the need to lie about the numbers... Low 7:40s is nothing to be ashamed of.
Uh, how about the fact that INDEPENDENT sources have been able to achieve well below sub 7:40 in their GT-Rs? Only Porsche couldn't get a relatively fast time in their GT-R; others could, not just Nissan.

Notice that Sport Auto's independent tests, the GT-R was just 1 second behind a Ruf RT 12 and 4 seconds behind a CCR. Factor in the fact that Nissan testers are expertly familiar with driving the GT-R, the times can be faster. Independent testers are not nearly as familiar with the GT-R as the Nissan testers and racers.

If you don't know what a Ruf Rt 12 is, then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_Rt_12

Even that car is only 1 second quicker than the GT-R around a 12-mile course. That speaks volumes about the GT-R's incredible performance.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckV,Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM
Nissan did when it broke the "sub 8 minute reccord".

Accusations have been made against GM, and it was revealed that the RS4 sub 8 minute time was using racing slicks.

Personally, I think the GTR number is bunk. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise, to be honest. I just can't believe that it beats cars like the CGT, Enzo, or Zonda F, that are in a different class in every measure of performance, acceleration, handling, and braking. A car that can accelerate 30% faster, brake 30% faster, and corner 30% faster will be faster around a track, end of story.

Good on Nissan for building such a great car. Just don't see why they feel the need to lie about the numbers... Low 7:40s is nothing to be ashamed of.
I'm sorry if I offend you but you're the type of guy who analyzes based on magazine numbers, and it's obvious that you do not ever track a car. You can continue saying "xxx is ##% faster than xxx", but Nissan's AWD system provides SIGNIFICANT advantage when it comes to handling corners and acceleration. You are probably thinking "oh don't give me the AWD shit" but seriously, I think you're fairly clueless and moreover foolish to say Nissan's claim is just BS.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 PM

Additionally... I'm sure Nissan setting up shop on the 'ring is clearly an effort to cover up their unfamiliarity with it and their own car. Posers!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by flagella,Jul 11 2009, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry if I offend you but you're the type of guy who analyzes based on magazine numbers, and it's obvious that you do not ever track a car. You can continue saying "xxx is ##% faster than xxx", but Nissan's AWD system provides SIGNIFICANT advantage when it comes to handling corners and acceleration. You are probably thinking "oh don't give me the AWD shit" but seriously, I think you're fairly clueless and moreover foolish to say Nissan's claim is just BS.
You're both right, chill out. AWD electronics BS is not driving. And no matter how fast a time such a car posts, I will not consider it in the same league as a car with RWD and no electric stability assistance.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by foxy_s2k,Jul 11 2009, 12:41 AM
You're both right, chill out. AWD electronics BS is not driving. And no matter how fast a time such a car posts, I will not consider it in the same league as a car with RWD and no electric stability assistance.
Your opinion is irrelevant to me. So learn to comprehend what I'm saying before typing. My point was that to refute Nissan's claim and calling their time BS is plain stupid. The fact is that their electronic gizmos DO improve time and THAT'S IT. Whether you like it not is not in the argument, and nobody gives a shit nor will they try to convince you to like it because that's a matter of personal opinion.

If your brain still can't twist around this, I'll make it simpler.

Do you like their AWD? No (personal opinion)
Do you consider it a sportscar? No (personal opinion)
Is GTR indeed a fast car? Yes (fact)
Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 AM

Wow, relax, you'll live longer.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:37 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Still hasn't toped the viper. American "muscle"
Old 07-11-2009, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Until I see a video of the same driver(s) and under the same conditions (track, weather, factory components - verified by third party), I take all these videos with a grain of salt.

As amazing the GT-R is in this video, after I've seen some of the inconsistent performance results from car rags and some of the high dyno numbers for this 480 HP car, I do wonder if ringer cars are used by Nissan to hype up the car. It is also hard for me to believe that a nearly 4000 lb car that sits so high off the ground can have performance that competes with high end sports cars almost 1000 lbs lighter with more power. I guess it's just MAGIC.

Quick Reply: New Ring Times for Godzilla