Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Which one would you pick and why?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's my take on the Porsche douchyness/midlife factor. I think the base model screams douchebag the most. Or people who buy base model 996's, etc. The owner of 3 Tim Horton's in the area just bought himself a brand new base model 911. Although now they're better looking and more powerful, hes one of the biggest assholes known around here and he hits on the young girls that work for him.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The F-type is sexy, but the rear end has already been done with the bmw z8. The Toyota Lotus seems like economical choice with the Camry engine. At least hold out for the Evora S to minimize the jokes

Regardless, you have Aston Martin on the list, why consider anything else? That thing is an instant panty dropper. Step out of it in a tux and you're James Bond.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by basscase' timestamp='1369781766' post='22572333
No 911?

I considered and drove the Evora and an '06 Vantage before driving a 997S and forgetting about the others. 911s might be "too obvious", but it's for a reason.

The Vantage looks amazing, but the interior is pretty dated at this point, and it basically offers M3 performance.
Not into German cars that much and 911 just screams mid-life douchebag or fill the blank compensating jokes. I was close to buying a 997 instead of my XK, but between ribbings from a couple of friends and not be so excited about. The XK had other stuff going for it the 911 didn't, but that's another thread.

Your right about the Vantage though. I am happy as long as I have NAV, Sat radio, and Bluetooth. Who needs power seats? Heated wheel and seats would be a big loss if I couldn't get them, but not a deal breaker necessarily. One of the reasons I pretty much crossed any front engine Ferrari I could afford of the list.
911 will drive better than all the others, it's a 911

Originally Posted by basscase
The Vantage looks amazing, but the interior is pretty dated at this point, and it basically offers M3 performance.
Had a vantage, sold for an E92 M3. The M3 drives far better and feels faster especially with the DCT.

Vantage drove like a GT. Looked and sounded amazing though...i'd just stare at it sometimes in the garage. S2K gearbox is 10x better
Old 05-29-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Mezza
Vantage drove like a GT. Looked and sounded amazing though...i'd just stare at it sometimes in the garage. S2K gearbox is 10x better
Looks and sounds are important to me. I am not racer and will never be. I like taking care of my cars and am attracted to fit, finish and details.

I won't buy a car if the wheel design is going to take too much time to wash. The XK saves me twenty minutes a wash over my VDP; over a year (guessing 40 washes)that's 13+ hours of my life I get back each year!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 AM

reason for not wanting a gtr?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan2949
Looks and sounds are important to me.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by basscase
Originally Posted by Ryan2949' timestamp='1369849343' post='22573957
Looks and sounds are important to me.
Friend has one and is a well known GTR tuner. Looks do not do much for me, and am just not too into it. Love the telemetry display inside and the performance is without question.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mezza' timestamp='1369837156' post='22573520

Looks and sounds are important to me. I am not racer and will never be. I like taking care of my cars and am attracted to fit, finish and details.

I won't buy a car if the wheel design is going to take too much time to wash. The XK saves me twenty minutes a wash over my VDP; over a year (guessing 40 washes)that's 13+ hours of my life I get back each year!
If fit and finish, looks and sound are your priorities the Aston is the choice.
Were you looking at the 4.3 or 4.7 L Vantage? The 4.7 (MY 08+) has significant power and torque increases.

Either way it will put a big smile on your face every time you drive it, and prepare for everyone to stare at it constantly.

Originally Posted by Ryan2949
Performance isn't his #1 priority. He wants a good looking car.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mezza
If fit and finish, looks and sound are your priorities the Aston is the choice.
Were you looking at the 4.3 or 4.7 L Vantage? The 4.7 (MY 08+) has significant power and torque increases.

Either way it will put a big smile on your face every time you drive it, and prepare for everyone to stare at it constantly.

Originally Posted by Ryan2949' timestamp='1369849343' post='22573957
Performance isn't his #1 priority. He wants a good looking car.
I would like to think I could afford an '08, thanks for the telling me about that. You're right, performance is not my 1st priority or the list would be a little different; only the XKRS would remain on it...
Old 05-30-2013, 04:38 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by black_EM1
Outright answer, the Aston.

I want to say the Lotus, in the daily driver sense, but you don't get the same Lotus feel as you would from an Elise/Exige. Lastly, pick the Aston. The Jaguar(s) seem to be overpriced for what they are.
This. I've never been a fan of Jag, I guess their rep never changed with me over the years. Aston is prestigious while Jag is now more common place.

The Lotus doesn't really seem to fit in for what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Which one would you pick and why?