Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Paint job ideas for my Z

Old 09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I like this color....

Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by ltswb,Sep 12 2010, 12:01 PM
I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but I think the WWII ideas are a bit insulting. I know it would look cool, but it doesn't sit well with me. Its tolerable on period military pieces, but not on this car. 60 years from now, would you be ok with someone driving around in an Osama Bin Laden themed car? WWII may be old history to you, but it isn't to our brave heroes still alive who lost family and friends.
Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I am very politically incorrect by choice and I like offensive humor but I'd feel like a huge dick going up to some WWII vet who had to float in the Pacific for a couple of days while sharks picked off his buddies one by one and telling him, "Hey, grandpa, look how clever my car design is."

If you don't have a problem with that then go right ahead. I am not one to force censorship of any variety on anyone but it definitely is a big fvkk you to people who suffered back then.

I imagine we'd all have a pretty obvious reaction if some guy decked out his motorcycle in Nazi gear and swastikas and the like.

With that being said, I see absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to rep Japan on your car. I'd just recommend being tasteful about it.

Or not. It's your car.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well how about Mt. Fuji and cherry blossoms? Oh wait...

LOL
Old 09-12-2010, 05:53 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Seriously though, I'm not going to judge you if you go with the fighter plane getup. I just personally wouldn't do it. You know, because I'm a better person than you are you goddamn inconsiderate heathen.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:03 PM

not digging the theme
Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Sep 12 2010, 07:53 PM
Seriously though, I'm not going to judge you if you go with the fighter plane getup. I just personally wouldn't do it. You know, because I'm a better person than you are you goddamn inconsiderate heathen.

Well it doesn't matter since Yuta JUST did it. Damnit. And I L-O-V-E it.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Please dont ruin this good looking car with cheesy graphics. I'd use a unique color and be done with it. :-)
Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 PM

For something along the lines of camouflage, for something even more different, you could consider something like dazzle camouflage that they use on ships.

Dazzle camouflage

It is usually whites, greys and black with maybe a blueish tint to it. Then, you could paint below the chrome bumpers a dark red common on modern warships.

Do some cool lettering, show some rivets and it could be pretty cool.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:18 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Popeye,Sep 12 2010, 08:12 AM
Go nostalgia

That paint job would be my choice.

I also agree with the guys that don't like the WWII ideas. My hat is off to you for your service but I see this differently from you.

I take care of my elderly parents everyday. My Dad still has nightmares everytime he sleeps from the years he spent fighting in the Pacific. He also still wears the scars he got from being shot up fighting the japanese. He doesn't hold a grudge against them but seeing someone driving around with a car painted like the planes and whatever he was fighting to protect his homeland would be a slap in the face.

Of course he (and you) fought for the freedom to do whatever the hell you want. I support your right to do it, even if I'm not thrilled by it.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeye,Sep 12 2010, 09:12 AM
Go nostalgia

I was going to say just keep it all red but then I saw that pic and I agree that would be a cool scheme. Another idea would be the Bob Sharp Racing Z that Paul Newman drove, like this one.

Quick Reply: Paint job ideas for my Z