Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Picking up a new daily from good ol Cadillac!

Old 06-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy and be sure to give us some impressions after you've had it a little while.

Did you ever get to try one with the manual transmission? Would you have preferred the MT over the AT?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

You know I sure didn't get a chance to drive a stick. I'm sure I'd prefer that because I like sticks but two doors put an end to that
Old 06-05-2017, 06:19 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Amazing deal! Dealer have another one like that in a Houston for me? Only a 260 mile drive for me.

I drove an ATS-V at COTA and was very impressed with its turn-in and overall nimbleness and handling. It's a sweet ride, especially for $49k new!!
No kidding! The wheels are turning in my head...
Old 06-05-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

I absolutely love my ATS. It's the perfect car for me at this stage in my life. The thought of getting an ATS-V for $50k is so tempting.

Also, watch out for the front bumper. On my regular old ATS Premium, the bumper can't clear parking blocks and it'll scrape entering some driveways. With your car's Darth Vader bumper, I'd say you'll have to drive it extra easy.

Also, pro tip: Set the first memory setting (seats, mirrors, etc.) for how you normally drive and the second setting for reversing. You just reach up and hit the second memory button before backing in to a garage, etc.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, crazy deal. I'm looking for a sport sedan to replace my Z06 and pretty set on F80 M3, but they're holding value used pretty well and only sell for small discount off MSRP, nothing like this. I need an auto so my wife can drive. How do you like the ATS auto?
Old 06-06-2017, 01:23 PM

You know I looked at a couple f80s as well but for
my price range they would have had 40k miles or so. For me it didn't make much sense. On top of that I drove a stock 6 speed and while fun the ride was a bit harsher. I have now put 300 miles on ats since yesterday and the way this thing soaks up bumps is just amazing yet the steering is telepathic. Honestly after driving this auto, I like it. It's perfect for a daily. I have not ripped through the gears yet so far it's still has been fun. Everywhere I have gone so far people are just staring at the thing. My guess not too many people know what it is.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:11 PM

Received 1,197 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK
Ya I don't know how the resale values will be for these things. I thought about that long and hard as well and decided I think I will have to keep this car for at least 7-10years so it won't hurt as bad. Who knows maybe it will stop depreciating around the $35k range similar to the second gen cts v. So far the engine seems to take to mods pretty well. With tune and I think downpipes it's pushing well past 500-600whp.
I thought the stock CTS-V had the supercharged LT4 engine, slightly detuned from the Corvette Z06 LT4, making 640 hp.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 PM

Yes a stock Cts v does have the LT4, this is the Ats V with the 3.6L V6 TT LF4 with 464hp.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Best clearbra shop in the state.
Speed Shield - Clear Bra Dallas
Ask for Benny. Call ahead and see if they can slot you in.
Thanks Tommy, Made an appointment with Benny today ,will be dropping the car off in the morning for full frontal clear bra and there Spectra Nano tint. Its definitely more than I wanted to spend but with a black car I want to do it right the first time
Old 06-06-2017, 05:25 PM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK
Thanks Tommy, Made an appointment with Benny today ,will be dropping the car off in the morning for full frontal clear bra and there Spectra Nano tint. Its definitely more than I wanted to spend but with a black car I want to do it right the first time
It's worth it. Suntek ppf + Nano = winning!
Ask him about doing the clear film on the windshield while you are there.

I'd come by tomorrow to check the car out if I wasn't stuck in meetings all day. Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Picking up a new daily from good ol Cadillac!