Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

RCF to S2000

Old 11-18-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RCF to S2000

Whats going on everyone--

I just thought I would bring my .02 here should anyone be looking to get into a Lexus RCF. A little bit of a backstory before the review goes as these types of things are subjective to person giving. I came from driving a 2009 G37S for about 9ish years 6mt/fully modified etc other than FI. The mileage was getting on up and I was needing another Car before the value dropped immensely. Car sold to some guy who flew into TX and drove the car back to CA.

Fast Forward: -- I ended up with a 2015 Ultra White RCF Fully loaded.. Performance Package, Mark Levinson Sound, and Premium.. CF roof Wing, Differential Etc.
I test drove the car and I liked it. I liked the fact of the reliability compared to the rest of the ones in its range i was looking at (Porsche 997c2s, F80 M3, Infiniti q60rs) That group, the winner overall would be the F.

-First impressions
Driving the car it got quite a bit of attention and thumbs up. The Engine was amazingly responsive and you'd be speeding hitting 95+ felt like you were at 65mph but flying past the cars. The overall build quality of the car was amazing. Beautiful seats, interior, sound system was amazing. a REAL GT cruiser with some punch in the top end. Its a Fun Daily-able Sports car with plenty of room for your friends in the back seats.
BUT you did feel the weight.A Heavy Heavy Weight. you felt them over bumps and whenever your pushing the car. It has an unspoken presence of "this thing is heavy" which felt amazing at high speeds.

-I Ended up lowering, put a Borla Exhaust and SSR wheels on it with yellow BBK's. The car broke necks everywhere along with the song was a killer combo.

-1 Year Mark
Even though the car had everything, reliability, power, refinement it was lacking the driver feel. A MANUAL. I thought i could climb in the car pyramid, from the G to the F. Being the only one on the list above that was an automatic but this was driving me nuts. I was already looking to trade into a 997c2s roughly 7 months of ownership.
-The car was fun and still gave me a big smile every time i bang the limiter and make a few "pops". I just feel it was more built a cruiser than what i was looking for as a Driver oriented car.
I felt as though yes, this car i think would be considered in the "upper Level" of sports cars it was there, but in competition and performance. it was the weakest link in those areas minus interior/reliability.So when one rolled up and wanted to hit mexico real quick. I was usually there hanging in for a sec, but lost real quick too lol.
Though I am okay with the car in general, if it was a stick shift i most likely wouldnt be on this forum haha.

-Overall
I would feel this car should be geared to those who arent looking for a "Driver's Car".If you are looking for an amazing GT daily then this would be the best option for you. Which may be why if you research the car alot of the owners sell them quite fast. They are heavy, but have great top end..

I ended up picking up a s2000 locally and sold the RCF after a couple months... and havent looked back.

Thanks for reading.
And again. this is just my $0.02.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Looks sharp. You don't see so many of those on the road. Brakes are nice touch.
The following users liked this post:
911turbo (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While not quite as cool as the RC-F, I recently sold my IS-F and bought another S2000. I felt the same way about the IS-F: it was fast and very well built, but there's just something about the S2000 that makes it so much more fun to drive. I'm still adjusting down to the lower power, but the experience is second to none.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
While not quite as cool as the RC-F, I recently sold my IS-F and bought another S2000. I felt the same way about the IS-F: it was fast and very well built, but there's just something about the S2000 that makes it so much more fun to drive. I'm still adjusting down to the lower power, but the experience is second to none.
still a F Man!! haha they're fun cars. but not a drivers car for sure.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:54 PM

Received 493 Likes on 376 Posts

How you liking the S? And that's quite the drop in price too.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Your old RCF looks proper! Hope you’re enjoying your new to you S2k.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
How you liking the S? And that's quite the drop in price too.
Agreed, the no car payments is a nice touch! haha.just adjusting to the lower HP.. it was nice to be able to blast onto the freeway etc and hit triple digits at ease..

Originally Posted by RUINER831
Your old RCF looks proper! Hope you’re enjoying your new to you S2k.
Thank you Ruiner! I most definitely am as well as the community is very helpful and welcoming. Hoping to get the S2K to decently modded soon..
Old 11-19-2019, 10:13 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 911turbo
The Engine was amazingly responsive and you'd be speeding hitting 95+ felt like you were at 65mph but flying past the cars..
It's funny, people often say this as a compliment but I don't like that feeling (except for in a daily cruiser). My M3 feels like that, it's all hunkered down and composed but also feels like it's bored and still not stretching its legs. Vs. an S2000 you sense every bit of the speed, it's exciting if a little grating over long distances.

Anyway, congrats. You don't need to spend a ton and have 400hp+ to have a fun car!
The following 2 users liked this post by white98ls:
911turbo (11-19-2019), ChiHonda (11-20-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by white98ls
It's funny, people often say this as a compliment but I don't like that feeling (except for in a daily cruiser). My M3 feels like that, it's all hunkered down and composed but also feels like it's bored and still not stretching its legs. Vs. an S2000 you sense every bit of the speed, it's exciting if a little grating over long distances.

Anyway, congrats. You don't need to spend a ton and have 400hp+ to have a fun car!
Very Very well said! its too composed for a sports car if that makes sense haha
Old 11-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 911turbo
compared to the rest of the ones in its range i was looking at (Porsche 997c2s, F80 M3, Infiniti q60rs) That group, the winner overall would be the F.
I'm struggling to rationalize your username against the idea that an RCF is better than a 997c2s.

A bunch of relatively heavy sedans vs a proper sports car...
The following users liked this post:
911turbo (11-20-2019)

Quick Reply: RCF to S2000