Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Rented Mustang - NY to Redondo Beach in 25:55 SOLO....

Old 07-09-2020, 12:00 AM

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts

Yeah, great story but douche move damaging a rental car like that. I tend to drive rentals like my own cars, why change? I mean sure I wint care as much about parking next to the cart return etc, but I don't si anything forcibly detrimental.

Btw Tommy, rentals are covered on road to hana if you get the insurance, they just wont tow you from there.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:47 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Many of the problems in the world can be traced back to the disrespect for property, "who cares?" attitude and "what they don't know won't hurt them" mentality shown by the driver.

What he did isn't, in and of itself, a big deal. The attitude and morality that allowed (and now condones) it, on the other hand, is hugely problematic in society today.
Not disagreeing with that, but posts on the internet dont change social issues. Debates here change little how kids are raised and adults corrected.

Also people have been taking rental cars and abusing them since the 60s. Hertz used to even rent a drag ready rental car...
Old 07-09-2020, 05:54 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

I normally rent cars about 20 weeks a year and would never ever do something like that. The most beating to a rental car I have ever do is maybe a few miles faster over a sleeping police man. Just to see how tight the car is put together.

I rent the least expensive cars. If you looking to buy a new Corolla or the like, I have driven many in that class, lol.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 AM

Received 564 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Also people have been taking rental cars and abusing them since the 60s. Hertz used to even rent a drag ready rental car...
Dumbest reasoning ever...

We've been doing this thing that's morally wrong since forever. Why does anyone care? Let's keep doing it.

I'd like to buy some slaves and mistresses please. We've been doing it since like 4000 years ago.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 07:06 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Dumbest reasoning ever...

We've been doing this thing that's morally wrong since forever. Why does anyone care? Let's keep doing it.

I'd like to buy some slaves and mistresses please. We've been doing it since like 4000 years ago.
Of course you went somewhere completely stupid. I'm only saying that rental car companies aren't fools that stuff like this happens. I'm not supporting it, what I'm saying is people like you think posting crap online changes stuff and in reality probably roll over in real life.

You can all be internet hereos, pat yourself on the back for posting noise online. I hope you stand more firmly in real life on matters. I suspect like most people, it's more hat then cattle.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Same. We had this discussion on another forum. I treat rentals like my own vehicles since it’s my ass and credit on the line. I treat borrowed things extremely well, sometimes better than my own stuff and return it promptly. I think people that trash rentals or rag them out are dirtbag pieces of shit like this guy. The rest of us pay, literally, for them. No thanks.

I was in Maui last year and wanted to do the Hana road to the other side of the island. My rental agreement specifically forbade it. It actually says that road is not allowed with their rentals. I’m hanging out with some visitors from Canada and they were on about the whole Hana trip they had planned for the following day. I asked them if the clause was in their rental contract and they said yes then said “But it’s a rental, who cares?” F that. I use a local rental service there, independent and I’m not going to screw with them or their business because it’s very affordable.

Not against your reasoning of treating property that is not yours with respect but you missed out on some cool views from that side and did a complete loop around the island when I did that trip.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:58 AM

Received 564 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Of course you went somewhere completely stupid. I'm only saying that rental car companies aren't fools that stuff like this happens. I'm not supporting it, what I'm saying is people like you think posting crap online changes stuff and in reality probably roll over in real life.

You can all be internet hereos, pat yourself on the back for posting noise online. I hope you stand more firmly in real life on matters. I suspect like most people, it's more hat then cattle.
Dumb and Dumber...

Let's just keep doubling down and justifying doing wrong stuff by calling everyone a keyboard hero and SJW.

FWIW - i actually own two rental cars. I'm dumb enough to actually buy them since they get sold stupid cheap with 100K mile warranties. LOL
Old 07-09-2020, 09:51 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Any good leads? I could use a couple of each. Maybe one in the same for double pay?
Old 07-09-2020, 11:28 AM

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

If we are going to be concerned we should probably focus on him putting others' lives at risk, not possible damage to the rental car. In the very long list of issues in society today, some guy beating up his rental car is relatively insignificant.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM

Received 3,385 Likes on 2,456 Posts

I never understood the fascination with driving across country to run it at a certain time or speed. This stuff, or cannonball runs, etc. I like to see the sights and it better be comfortable. I like driving fast, but not for long periods of time.

Quick Reply: Rented Mustang - NY to Redondo Beach in 25:55 SOLO....