Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Saw a JDM Integra Type R today......

Old 02-04-2006, 07:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please explain to me what's the difference when passing other cars in a RHD car from a LHD car.
You will shortly find out. Let's hope you hit a big truck and don't take anyone with you.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ask you a valid question and in response you wish me a gruesome death? How cheap. And all this time I thought the new breed of stupid young kids who can now afford an S2000 were at fault for the decaying quality of this board.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time, have motor skills that surpass those of a monkey, and posses some kind of depth perception. If there was a visibility problem, I would've noticed it by now. I would still love to hear your logic but apparently that's never going to happen.

Listen, Steve, I know you have a need to belittle and degarde others at every possible opportunity in order to stroke your ego or soothe your insecurities or whatever - I really don't care why - but sometimes you're just reaching. Don't try so hard to be the genius you think you are all the time. If you don't have an argument, just give it up, man. Move on and look for an easier target. In those cases you're not making anyone but yourself look like a fool.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:12 AM

If you don't know why passing in a RHD drive car in a LHD country is a bad idea -- your loss. I really can't begin to fathom how someone would not see the issue -- but there it is --and I don't make a habit of spelling things out for people. Ponder.

I've done it both ways and would never in a million years go out of my way to do it regularly.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 5 2006, 10:12 AM
If you don't know why passing in a RHD drive car in a LHD country is a bad idea -- your loss. I really can't begin to fathom how someone would not see the issue -- but there it is --and I don't make a habit of spelling things out for people. Ponder.

I've done it both ways and would never in a million years go out of my way to do it regularly.
That was better Steve-O. Much more constructive than your previous post. You finally brought something worthwile to the thread. You could've done that first and saved yourself the typing.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=X4DLuvOfSpeedX,Feb 4 2006, 07:34 PM]I can see just fine, thank you very much.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 5 2006, 01:12 PM
I don't make a habit of spelling things out for people. Ponder.
Silly me, I thought this was a discussion board. I apologize. I think I got it now: I post my thoughts and instead of having a civilized discussion I'm insulted and wished dead without provocation or explanation. Thanks for enlightening me.

If you're on a two lane road and you need to pass a slow car in front of you, it would be rather hard to see an oncoming car if you're sitting on the right side. Right?
True. Good point, thanks. There's a solution to this once-in-a-blue-moon situation: don't cross the yellow line. I don't do it anyway regardless of what car or bike I'm driving/riding because you never know what's going to pull out in front of you (whoever it is will probably be looking the other direction), when the car in front of you will decide to also pass or make a left turn (who will also be looking forward and not behind), when your car decide to sputter or quit, etc. It has been literally years since I have been in a situation where I needed to, was able to, or was even legal to pass using the oncoming lane, let alone all three. So you see, Steve, as I said in my original post, the hassle is minimal.

So apparently driving a RHD car is not the guaranteed death trap that Mr. C thinks it is. Oh, wait a minute. I just had a discussion. I'm sorry, should I just have said "Steve, go kill yourself, you moron" instead?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:57 PM

There's a solution to this once-in-a-blue-moon situation: don't cross the yellow line
You just don't get it. Passing other cars or trucks in a RHD car is dangerous. This is not a once in a blue moon scenario.

If your need to be different outweighs your commen sense, so be it. As stated before let's hope you hit a big truck and don't take someone innocent with you.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 5 2006, 01:12 PM
So you know from experience? Did you ever own a RHD car in a LHD country?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:22 AM

talk about thief magnets, mine just got jacked 2 weeks ago right outside my house.

i am going through insurance settlement right now and i accepted a $17,600 offer from the insurance company. it was a 2000 with 93K miles. that is a damn good payout if you ask me. thief magnet or not, that is why there is insurance.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:41 AM

hey Steve C, com'on man please don't post such a rude thread. It just makes you look like a fool.

Quick Reply: Saw a JDM Integra Type R today......