Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Saw a Nissan Murano a few nights ago on the freeway

Old 12-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it.

In fact, I can see the Nissan resemblance, pretty like what we all see in Mercedes, BMWs etc etc.

Old 12-08-2002, 07:56 PM

i saw one at the costco right opposite of ontario mill

and i saw people screaming while running away from it. oh wait, the last part is not true
Old 12-10-2002, 07:51 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I've only seen a dark blue one in person but my wife and I both liked it. It's not quite "handsome", but it's unique (way better than the RX300, imho) and not bad looking. I'd take the MDX over it but it's cheaper than an MDX, I believe (I didn't look at the sticker price). Anyone know the cost difference?
Old 12-10-2002, 09:09 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I looked one over very carefully today and while the styling doesn't do anything for me I liked it. It was very comfortable, well appointed, good rear seat legroom, and reclining rear seats. I think it would be a great vehicle for my elderly parents that i wouldn't mind driving also. Beats the hell out of the Buick they drive now.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:41 PM

Looks like an Izuzu(sp?) Axiom.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by DouglaS2000
Murano= 350Z SUV... no originality, and no, whoever said its set apart from the sea of other SUV's needs to pass me some of what they're smoking..

How about cutting out the run around and say it like it is. I'm the one who said "it stands apart from the sea of ther look-alike SUV's.." It's my opinion and no, I'm not smoking anything. If you don't like my opinion, good for you. No need for snide comments.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one in SF 4 months ago...I think they were shooting a commercial or something. This one was the burnt orange with the fake body color liscense plate. The street where it was was roped off and there was a camera crew etc. Anyway, we got to look at it and see inside and I for one thought it was pretty nice looking and a good move to the future. I thought of waiting till they were out and then maybe getting one, but then got a 7 passenger midsize suv instead of a 5.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:29 PM

I test drove one today at Carmax of Greenville. They had 5 available which I know right now is down to 3 or 2. My impression of it seeing it for the first time face to face was hesitation. I wasn't sure if I like the way it looked or not. The first thing that really catches your eyes is the freaking 18" tires. They are so damn big! Now, if you go to the front, the grill looks nice. The rear is kinda strange to look at. Inside the car was impressive. The seats were very comfortable including the rears. It is really roomy up front. More room IMHO than the MDX which I liked as well. As for the way it drives. It was great. Smooth and quiet. I passed plenty of cars with ease on the highway. I thought it was quieter than the MDX in some ways. The MDX felt more sportier though. I was driving the SL AWD. They didn't have an SE AWD which is what i wanted to test in the first place. My wife was impressed. I thought she would hate it. Hell, she doesn't like the RX300 and I was telling her it was just about the same as Murano. She kept claiming it was different in a way. Oh well, I will probably go back next week to see if they have a SE AWD. It is worth it just to take a test drive.

Carmax has a Red 2001 S2000 as a last chance deal for $26,500 with 14K. It was in excellent condition.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by aguban
Looks like an Izuzu(sp?) Axiom.
The Axiom is beautiful in my eyes. I don't seem to mind the extra grills on the front, and I like the way the lines of the windows trace all the way back in a sharp curve.

The Murano I thought was nice looking in commercials, but in person I wasn't so impressed. I'm sure it's a great car though from what people say about the interior/ride qualities.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:56 PM

At least it doesn't look like an Aztec..

Quick Reply: Saw a Nissan Murano a few nights ago on the freeway