Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

So I ended up buying a Focus ST last week

Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody Red
This thread and the other recent thread about daily drivers all talking about ST's, WRX's, GTI's..and no mention of a mazdaspeed3 for a daily? I thought about the ST and WRX for a second then remembered they were still making these. The speed is way better equipped vs the wrx and overall better than the ST IMO in terms of what I was looking for in a daily: fun, four door, FI. I'm now almost fully bolted before even 10k miles (cheap to mod) and i love every minute of it. pulls like a motherf@#ker and makes me want to go FI on the S haha. but i won't!

Tq steer...
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody Red
Looks sharp in white.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That speed3 looks awesome. My friends car heavily influenced me to look at the ST. Even on track they are very fun cars!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the ST, man! I'm right there with you. I got a Race Red ST1 last Sunday as a DD. It has everything I was looking for in a DD. I, too, share your pain about the heal-toe difficulty. It's really the only downside of the car. Have you seen the mod on the ST forums that raises the gas pedal a little higher? I did it this weekend, and it made some difference. Heel-toe is a little more possible now.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SimoGver08
Congrats on the ST, man! I'm right there with you. I got a Race Red ST1 last Sunday as a DD. It has everything I was looking for in a DD. I, too, share your pain about the heal-toe difficulty. It's really the only downside of the car. Have you seen the mod on the ST forums that raises the gas pedal a little higher? I did it this weekend, and it made some difference. Heel-toe is a little more possible now.
I am staying as far from those forums as I can, but congrats on the ST bud! Red is sharp on the car.

I am actually heel toeing it just fine now, it took a little readjusting but its not that bad. You just need to brake with your foot further off to the right side of the brake pedal so you can roll onto the gas easier haha. How much did you pick your car up for?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 AM

Yeah, I actually don't really go on the forums either. I just did a google search about heel toe difficulties in the ST and the thread came up about raising the gas pedal. I do like how quiet the car is in terms of a DD, but it adds a little difficulty to the heel toe for me because hearing the engine helps me. I think it's something I'm just really used to (and love) in the S.

After rebates, private cash offer, and trade, I got the car for $20,160 OTD.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 PM

Yeah, I actually don't really go on the forums either. I just did a google search about heel toe difficulties in the ST and the thread came up about raising the gas pedal. I do like how quiet the car is in terms of a DD, but it adds a little difficulty to the heel toe for me because hearing the engine helps me. I think it's something I'm just really used to (and love) in the S.

After rebates, private cash offer, and trade, I got the car for $20,160 OTD.
That's damn good! Now get some pics up in here
Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 PM

Here's a pic:
Old 03-26-2014, 02:23 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Here's a pic:
Had a white one pace me on a drive out of California on the weekend. He appeared to want to race. I stepped on it, pulled a few car lengths and then he just sat on my butt for 30-45 minutes.

I think the car looks best from the back
Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question, not trying to thread jack here but.....

When should we be able to negotiate a used fr-s to less than 20k???

Quick Reply: So I ended up buying a Focus ST last week