Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

so who here is buying a GTR for sure..?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was seriously considering it,
but finally realized that it's one of those cars that i think it's dang awesome,
but never buy one.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris Stack,Jan 18 2008, 05:39 AM] It's FUGLY, has tons of racer baggage, and is far more complicated than a sports car should be.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=rai,Jan 18 2008, 06:10 AM] I agree that is is heavy and complex.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeJewler,Jan 18 2008, 06:27 AM
I'm sorry but the GTR is not a luxury GT. There isnt even an option for a sunroof if I'm not mistaken. The interior is definitely not up to par with the BMW, Porsche, etc. I've seen one up close and its not befitting of my 75k. Thats if you can get it for that. The biggest selling point is the supercar performance. I dont think anyone buying it will be mascarading it as a Luxury GT.

The EVO/STI are as much of a luxury sport sedan as the GTR is a Luxury GT.
IDK, the 911s interior does not impress me either. I mean for a $90k car if a $30K car such as an Audi has a better interior the point is you are paying $90K not for the interior but for it's sporty-ness over said Audi and that's where I see a M3 and the GTR too.

I don't think the GTR interior is so bad. I don't want a sunroof. BFD you can't get a sunroof on an Aston Martin Vantage either so it must not be a sporty GT in that case.

That is the most asinine criteria for if a car is a luxury GT car (it has a sunroof therefore it's a luxury GT it does not have a sunroof so it cant be a luxury GT). Not to make fun, but you have your definition of GT I have mine. For me the GTR is 38xx lbs for a reason and the Elise is 18xx lbs for a reason one is more a luxury GT and one is a sports car.

The GTR has all the bells and whistles a 911 turbo has including stability control, Auto-tranny, AWD etc..
Old 01-18-2008, 06:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

it's a GT.. luxury or not. not that it ****ing matters.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rai,Jan 18 2008, 09:10 AM
I agree the GTR is heavy and complex. I do not view it as a sports car. I view it as a luxury GT.

I would put it in the same category as the M3 and/or 911 turbo.

As such I would always want an Elise/S2000/Boxster type of sports car on the side.

As a luxury GT I would like some rear seats, I don't know if the GTR's rear seats are OK or not. Not saying I need tons of room, but something like a GTi rear seat is not bad to have.

If it turns out the rear seat room is tiny then my chance of buying one is less.

My co-worker has a 911 C4S which he used to take his kids to school on his way to work. Now that his kids are teen-age he can no longer use the 911 so he has to drive his TL. I'm not saying the 911 is a bad car but he can no longer use it much.

I'm still not decided about the GTR while I love it, it is a bug ticket item ie. for a bit more or the same money a used GT3 is an option as well.

For I don't buy $70K cars all the time it would be a once or twice in a lifetime thing so if I'm not completely blown away I'll wait for a car to come along that does blow me away.

I have driven the GT3 but have not driven the GTR so I can't compare them. It reamins to be seen..
My problem is that rather than buying 1 "do-it-all" really expensive car, I'd rather have two cheaper, more specialized cars. Even the 911, which I love, wouldn't ever fit in my garage because I like my sports cars topless. The GT-R just tries to be too many things and ends up not satisfying any of my buying criteria. And, it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

But, then, I don't have $70k, so it really doesn't matter what I think.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOT IT!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:53 AM

GT-R or Tesla Roadster... hmm... I'll wait a couple of years if I do get the GT-R to see what the Evo Spec looks like. Rumor has it, it might loose up to 500 pounds, but if it strips out the interior and sound system, count me out for the Evo Spec... Its not just gonna be a track whore
Old 01-18-2008, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by rai,Jan 18 2008, 06:55 AM
I don't think the GTR interior is so bad. I don't want a sunroof. BFD you can't get a sunroof on an Aston Martin Vantage either so it must not be a sporty GT in that case.

That is the most asinine criteria for if a car is a luxury GT car (it has a sunroof therefore it's a luxury GT it does not have a sunroof so it cant be a luxury GT). Not to make fun, but you have your definition of GT I have mine. For me the GTR is 38xx lbs for a reason and the Elise is 18xx lbs for a reason one is more a luxury GT and one is a sports car.
You made waay too much of my comment. The sunroof was just an example. Ofcourse the GTR is more of a Luxo GT in comparison to the Lotus Elise. Have you seen the option lists on these Porsches??? You can have leather anywhere you want it...amongst others. The GT-R pales in comparison.

Stack, I love cars that can do everything. I just dont think the GTR can provide me with enough Luxury I would be expecting for 75k.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Not a chance in the world. I don't care that it's a Nissan or that it doesn't have a sunroof, but it's just too unattractive.

Quick Reply: so who here is buying a GTR for sure..?