Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Those who daily stance cars, how do you do it?

Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Air ride is in the only way to go, ride hight on demand. I went with that setup on a old "stance" car of mine, loved it. Bought it after getting beached on a speed bump, so embarrassing!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by berny2435
This is about as stance as you need to get to make a S2000 look good imo. 17x9s and 255s FTW. 245/40s for a slightly sportier look.
That's not a good picture, the weight of the car is loaded to the outside wheels in that pic. It's not the real ride height you see.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:56 AM

It's a great picture because it shows what "stanced" cars can't and won't do. Corner quickly.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:47 PM

LMAO!

STANCE!

this is my past S2000 with SCCA STR prep. about the low as you can go on KW Clubsports before you bottom them out, all the time, even on shortened bump stops. 650f/750r rates. Gendron front and rear swaybars. 17x9+63 TR C3 wheels Hankook R3s or Dunlop ZIIs.
edit: it was sort of a pain in the butt to drive at that ride height even.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:57 PM

Personally, I absolutely LOVE looking at stanced cars. I spend hours a week drooling over pointlessly low offsets and demon camber on Fatlace, StanceNation, and Speedhunters. After much dilemma, I am really glad I didn't stance my S2K. My car is difficult to drive around town as it is with only an inch drop and 17x9+38's. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to daily drive your car bro, but I appreciate your sacrifice. If it weren't for guys like you, guys like me wouldn't have anything pretty to look at.

I have a question for you. On your current set up, are you able to hit the canyon? I know speed bumps and steep driveways are out of the question, but will an uneven road surface or a few pebbles destroy your ride? If I couldn't take my car to the canyon, It would be a deal breaker.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1399349231' post='23145957
You expect to ask a how do you guys drive your stance car becase my car is riding on rims thats way to big for it on a forum that largely doesn't like stance cars and wonder why you're not getting any love?
I mean hey, to each their own, and if that makes you happy, awwwwesome. But others are entitled to their opinion as well.
So yeah, some people look at ferraris and wonder why the heck would you need that impractical thing? True yes, but the car is engineered to thrive in a certain environment (track, back roads, etc), so there's a functionality to it. Lifted trucks make no sense in the city, but are awesome offroading. So yes, you will look stupid offroading a ferrari.
Here's the thing about stance: there's ZERO practical purpose for it. You put on wings for aero (which most people really aren't doing it for, garnering the same wtf looks from people), you drop cars (properly) for handling and alot of times you dont necessarily need to lower it. By stancing your car, you're unengineering the car all while making the car less safe, which puts others on the road at risk because of what? You like the way it looks.
The stance trend reminds me of the donks I see out here in Oakland, you know those 90s america sedans like a cutlass or a lexus with 28" rims. Car couldn't even make a U turn if the cops were chasing it. And every few months, one of these friggin donks' rim comes flying off the car on the highway, causing harm to other motorists. All in the name of vanity.
Stance is not safe, it's not good for your car, and that spells people giving you disapproving looks. Furthermore, to the leiperson, it makes it look like all import enthusiasts are equally vane and stupid which is why alot of enthusiasts like to express their disapproval for stance.
Stance is very different from painting your car a pink with hello kitties, a wild paint job doesn't have the potential of harming anyone or anything.

I should start a new trend called hella flow, take off all the mirrors and block off all the glass, I mean they just limit the aesthetic I'm going for in my car. I don't like that my rear lights have to be red, or even have lights at all.
But fine, you want to do it right? Cut your fenders properly, cut and reinforce your wheelhouses to accomodate your bigger rims. As far a the negative camber, it does not look cool, it is not forward thinking, and unless you have a serious need for it (I dunno, heard some cars it's good for drifting?). I don't even know where to begin to get the suspension geometry right, maybe one of our suspension gurus will chime in.
MAD HATERZ GONNA HATE y0 SON TYTE DOGG! DIS JUS MEANS UR DOIN SUMTHING RIGHT. ALL THESE FOO JUST SCARED CUS THEY NEVER TRIED TO FIT A SICK WHEEL TO THEIR WHIP RIDE! PLAY ON PLAYA!

I can't wait until this stance fetish dies a quick painful death. I blame SoCal for this madness.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:48 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

I got stuck behind some stanced VW jackass the other day. Doing 30 in a 40 because they had to slow down and try to swerve around every crack, bump and cockroach on the road. If you cant safely operate your car, get the hell off the road.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rnye
It's a great picture because it shows what "stanced" cars can't and won't do. Corner quickly.
Touche'!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by berny2435
This is about as stance as you need to get to make a S2000 look good imo. 17x9s and 255s FTW. 245/40s for a slightly sportier look.
Stock right?