Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Thrilling 2010 Accord Coupe V6 encounter

Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smurf2k
i dont understand the driving gangsta lean...cant be comfortable
Yes, but you look gangsta slumped down at eye level with the dash with that one wrist draped over the top of the sterring wheel. Of course you won't have the complete "look" unless you have a baseball cap on sideways as well. I get a laugh every time I see one of these pants on the ground clowns trying so hard to be "cool".
Old 01-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a guy do the same thing in a slammed integra of some sorts. I was floored at how awesome he was. I still think back to that day and am amazed by his crappy paint, hellaflushness, and gangsta lean. i learned a lot from the douche that day. I am cooler for the experience.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Funny you mention the parking spot thing. I was just ranting about that earlier. Why, when I park 10+ spots away from the next-closest car, does someone always decide to park next to me? The only thing I can think of is they're purposely doing it since it's obvious I don't want to park next to people, but at the same time I find it hard to believe people are that bothered that they'd go out of their way to piss me off...

I was driving a month or two ago and a late 90s, automatic Accord with a fartcan, which I'm assuming is a 4-cyl due to lack of V6 badge, kept slowing down and speeding up beside me. I kept constant speed, not wanting to be "that douche," not wanting a ticket, and not wanting to waste gas. He continued this for a couple miles. Conveniently we got stopped at a light next to each other, you can probably guess what happens next, and I slow down to see what his problem is... He slowly creeps by as if nothing ever happened. What were you thinking, and why do you believe not making eye contact will hide your embarrassment? Fartcans only give 10hp, so you're still at least 80hp short.

I could go on for days about encounters with morons with my 1.5hrs of daily commuting, why can't they just let me drive in peace?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 AM

^^ that 5 series that paked next to you is a total a-hole brotha, I have had so many people do that to me though...

and that douche in the accord that pulled that stunt is a total whack-off, it totally baffles my mind as to why what he did was necessary. Dude wanted to look cool in front of someone for once... lmao
Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 AM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

Dealing with other drivers is a price you have to pay when rolling a red Italian stallion!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 AM

Sometimes if i'm in my dd i'll park nex to a nice car just bc i know i wont f@#k up his door. Just a courtesy to other enthusiasts.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sparrow
Sometimes if i'm in my dd i'll park nex to a nice car just bc i know i wont f@#k up his door. Just a courtesy to other enthusiasts.
That's kinda what I was thinking. When people see a nice car parked by itself, they know that the person cares about their car. So you can do each other a favor by parking there. 1) You know you're not going to ding their door, and 2) You can be pretty sure they're not going to ding yours. It's kinda like parking by the curb so you're protected from door dings on one side. Only the curb has wheels.

With that said... if I'm in my beater and I see a person parked in two spaces, even if they're out by themselves, I'll sometimes squeeze in really close to them. Don't be an asshat. Nobody needs two spaces (except some big-ass trucks).
Old 01-15-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 493 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sparrow
Yup. You guys ever thought that others will recognize this and try to flock together? Its one less side you may need to worry about
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77
With that said... if I'm in my beater and I see a person parked in two spaces, even if they're out by themselves, I'll sometimes squeeze in really close to them. Don't be an asshat. Nobody needs two spaces (except some big-ass trucks).
When I see this, I just see two douches. One for parking in two spots and the other for going out of his/her way to 'teach them a lesson.' It always makes me laugh at both of them instead of just the tool in the two spots. And honestly if someone wants two spots when there are 100s of spots I really don't care. I might think they are a bit of a tool, but they aren't hurting anyone. If someone parks extra close to them when they are in two spots in the middle of a uncrowded parking lot then it's just extra stupid. Find more important things to worry about.

Quick Reply: Thrilling 2010 Accord Coupe V6 encounter