Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What bike is good for me

Old 02-15-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd steer clear of some rebuilt bike like you mentioned unless the price was a serious throw-away steal. $3500 is not a steal for your first bike.

Here's the thing. A low-mileage sport bike should not need a new engine unless it has been somehow abused. For example the end of a wheelie, when the front end drops, is rough on the front end. Or, as mentioned above, the frame could be tweaked and you may not obviously know it. How much of this bike has your buddy gone through, is he a good mechanic, and how much of its history do you really know?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:08 PM

I presonally wouldn't pay that much for something that is so old with an updated engine. You can get a far better first bike for that much.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Feb 15 2007, 10:49 AM
I'd steer clear of some rebuilt bike like you mentioned unless the price was a serious throw-away steal. $3500 is not a steal for your first bike.

Here's the thing. A low-mileage sport bike should not need a new engine unless it has been somehow abused. For example the end of a wheelie, when the front end drops, is rough on the front end. Or, as mentioned above, the frame could be tweaked and you may not obviously know it. How much of this bike has your buddy gone through, is he a good mechanic, and how much of its history do you really know?
well look i talked to my buddy and he said that ofcourse, im going to test drive it..so yea im going to know everything when i drive it... the bike is not dropped or extended... and by a little update: he said that if i gave him 3K flat, w its a done deal.. but i only have like a little below that.

but we will see
Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Diablo99V,Feb 15 2007, 05:08 PM
I presonally wouldn't pay that much for something that is so old with an updated engine. You can get a far better first bike for that much.
well he bought it for 4500 already rebuilt.. it looks new....

he has the receipt and everything

and is going to sell it to me for 3500 or 3000.

considering that, i think its a sweet deal..
Old 02-16-2007, 07:04 AM

Well just call me when you get it and we go for a spin.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:05 AM

Yea for sure.... but there is yet a slight chance that i might not get it.

HE said 3 grand and we call it even...so i would have to wait 2 more weeks for my next paycheck, thats if i want to avoid paying $500 more. and there is a small chance that he might sell it before than....while im gathering enough money so i could afford it that is

he has to replace the back brake pad when he has time before he even sells it to everyone... so that should buy me some time before i go and test drive it...

but i would say there is an 80% chance i will get it...

and yea dariel.. we need to go out for a spin.... besides the fun part, im wanna ride with ppl for a good month or two before i even go alone...

ive been away from a bike for far too long

besides i would hate to be like marcos and spend SOO much money on only two weeks of pleasure...
Old 02-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Diablo99V,Feb 11 2007, 10:22 AM
CBR600RR

Survival on the streets is really fun

Don't be a squid.

People would tell you anything to sell you their dropped bikes.

My cousin is selling his 750. Call me.
Dariel, how would you compare this bike to yours?? i love the R6 but that RR makes me crazy!!

Laguna, don't rush on a bike..a rebuilt bike means a blown motor? Maybe, I don't know. Take your time. Is this guy local?

Erick
Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Erick I love the RR also. It was my first choice but I fell in love with the more raw R6 because of its design and tweaks. As a frist bike the Honda is more friendly than the more track oriented R6, I made the mistake but I could just enjoy it now.

What I will always say is to wear a helmet not matter if you are just going some where close.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Erick S,Feb 18 2007, 08:46 AM
Dariel, how would you compare this bike to yours?? i love the R6 but that RR makes me crazy!!

Laguna, don't rush on a bike..a rebuilt bike means a blown motor? Maybe, I don't know. Take your time. Is this guy local?

Erick
yea this guy is local (kind of) hes out in aventura.... he is a good feind of mine thas ti have known for almost 6 years... he wouldnt steer me wrong just cuz he wants to get rid of the bike cuz he needs cash.... the three years he has had it,, it gave him no problems... likei said before,, he bought it already as a rebuilt title... im pretty confident in making this decision....
im going to test drive it anyway...if i like it then ill buy it

i few months or years pass... and i might get a new and better bike and continue to get into the bike scene...
Old 02-18-2007, 07:30 PM

hey dariel what in the world do you mean by "dont be a squid?"

Quick Reply: What bike is good for me