Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: Who would win the majority of the comparisons?
Mercedes C63 AMG
30.88%
Lexus IS-F
13.24%
E90 M3
35.29%
Caddilac CTS-V
10.29%
Audi RS4
10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Who would win? IYO

Old 08-18-2007, 06:39 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO the US press is in love with M3s, in this poll I picked the M3.

However these cars are getting expensive the RS4 is $66K plus options and plus GG tax. So close to $70K and I suspect with options these other cars will be in that range. I would not be surprised to see the MB or the BMW at or near $70K with options. (the V will be cheaper but cheaper doesn't always win).

That's in the range of a 911 or a Cayman S which (IMO) are nice cars (more sporty) and then you have the C6 to consider for much less but all around the same or better performance.

I know the 4 cars in this poll are 4-door sedans or coupe but I'm thinking about me (one person with 3 other cars to use when needed so it's not important for me to have an all arounder).

For $65K to $75K there are several nice cars that will be out (GTR etc..).
Old 08-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cadillac FTW!!!!!!

(I voted for the Lexus, I don't think Toyota f'ks around)
Old 08-18-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

I think the upcoming 500hp CTS-V could very well take the crown overall.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I'd pick M3 for a sport/handling test but as an overall car, I think the RS4 is the car to beat. Manual tranny option, AWD, lots of power, good grip, great brakes, and very usable.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

c63 for me!! that thing tore up the m6... but i have no clue how well the others are.

scott
Old 08-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These votes have been interesting to say the least. I believe it will come down to the C63 vs M3. One of the others might suprise me. Here is the Order I'm expecting.

1. M3

2. C63

3. IS-F

4. RS4

5. CTS-V
Old 08-19-2007, 11:08 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

RS4 is in last place on this poll. It's by far the oldest since the other cars are not out yet in the US and we have no firm idea of what they will cost. By the time the M3 etc.. is out Audi won't be selling the current RS4 anyway.

The CTS-V is a bit out of place since it's more in the size category of the M5 in the first place but gets placed with these cars since it's costs much less.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Luke530,Aug 18 2007, 02:27 PM
The c63 will depreciate fast, probably heavy, slushbox, distant feel, not much "fun"... just fast (whoop-de-doo!)
I'm hoping you're wrong! I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about this c63.
There are some key differences between this c63 AMG and past AMGs.

For starters, this is the only AMG ever to be designed from inception as an extreme performance vehicle. All the other AMGs were bolt-on mods, which added an assload of power but never addressed the design issues. This one is, factually, different (not necessarily successful, but certainly it is being designed to outgun the competition).

As for the distant feel, early reviews say it has fantastic feel and steering. I read an article that talked about the extent Benz has gone to to make this an extreme performance machine, and it discussed jumping thru hoops to obtain super high precision bearings in the suspension and steering systems to virtually eliminate slop. Their minds are in the right place.

I also expect this thing to run like a bat in a straight line. It "only" has ~40 ponies on cars like the M3 & RS4, but so much of a TQ advantage it's silly. Combine that with ultrafast shifts on a 7-speed gearbox (also excellent, if you like that kind of thing-it's a "slushbox", but I'm thinking there isn't much in the way of slush), and it's shaping up to be one insane vehicle.

And, of course, the interior appears to be top-notch.

I definitely think it will depreciate, though...I have no counter arguments!

I can't wait to see the first c63-RS4-M3-CTSV comparo...there will be picketing from the environmentalists at that one!

Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dombey,Aug 19 2007, 01:58 PM
I'm hoping you're wrong! I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about this c63.
There are some key differences between this c63 AMG and past AMGs.

For starters, this is the only AMG ever to be designed from inception as an extreme performance vehicle. All the other AMGs were bolt-on mods, which added an assload of power but never addressed the design issues. This one is, factually, different (not necessarily successful, but certainly it is being designed to outgun the competition).

As for the distant feel, early reviews say it has fantastic feel and steering. I read an article that talked about the extent Benz has gone to to make this an extreme performance machine, and it discussed jumping thru hoops to obtain super high precision bearings in the suspension and steering systems to virtually eliminate slop. Their minds are in the right place.

I also expect this thing to run like a bat in a straight line. It "only" has ~40 ponies on cars like the M3 & RS4, but so much of a TQ advantage it's silly. Combine that with ultrafast shifts on a 7-speed gearbox (also excellent, if you like that kind of thing-it's a "slushbox", but I'm thinking there isn't much in the way of slush), and it's shaping up to be one insane vehicle.

And, of course, the interior appears to be top-notch.

I definitely think it will depreciate, though...I have no counter arguments!

I can't wait to see the first c63-RS4-M3-CTSV comparo...there will be picketing from the environmentalists at that one!
We'll see about the tranny.

I hope you're right about the steering feel.

Any weight specs on it?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 PM

nevermind - c63 = 3800+ lbs

Quick Reply: Who would win? IYO