Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why pick on SUV's.. what about trucks?

Old 05-29-2007, 04:30 AM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,May 28 2007, 07:52 PM
I just got a Toyota Crew Max 4X4 with the 5.7 motor. Oil futures have treated me very well so I don't give 2 shlts over the price of gas. What cracks me up was the f_cktard S2000 driver who cut me off this morning for no other reason that he wanted a 7,000 pile of plastic and steel on his a$$. I glued myself to his bmper just to mess with his melon.

I have a S2000, plus I also ride sportbikes in SoCal freeways. When I ride or drive a small car it's not hard to remember. Big car bad, stay the F away.

My brother drives a H1 Alpha, he lives and runs his business in Los Angeles. For rush hour traffic that is a great vehicle. Decent view, if you want to change lanes , hit the turn signal and move over. If you want to stay in the lane and argue with a 8,200 pound car , good luck.

Until the tree huggers manage to ban gasoline powered cars I will drive what I want depending on my mood. Besides as a surfer global warming is good, the waters off SoCal need to warm to Hawaii temps.
And that is the attitude of the SUV driver that none of us appreciate. Also quite likely as to why they have blossomed in popularity, since a lot of drivers don't feel safe around them and feel they have to move into one to compensate accordingly.

I have zero hatred for an SUV that is actually used for its purpose. However, and I think we can all agree, that the vast majority of SUVs are not used for their purpose of going off-road, hauling cargo, or being people-movers. Most of the people I see in SUVs are driving by themselves and could easily get by with a much smaller car.

But that would be Un-American now wouldn't it?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=WFO Racer,May 28 2007, 10:52 PM] I just got a Toyota Crew Max 4X4 with the 5.7 motor. Oil futures have treated me very well so I don't give 2 shlts over the price of gas. What cracks me up was the f_cktard S2000 driver who cut me off this morning for no other reason that he wanted a
Old 05-29-2007, 07:27 AM

why worry about trucks and suvs? even if they double in gas mileage, oil will not be cheaper. don't forget the other billions people in other countries who will drive cars, eat, and want all the nice stuff. look around you, everything is made from oil.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any person driving the original hummer is an idiot. He is a moron. He is a human waste of space. There is absolutely no reason that is half good that you can come up with as to why you need to drive an H1 on a public, or even private road.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,May 28 2007, 07:52 PM
I just got a Toyota Crew Max 4X4 with the 5.7 motor. Oil futures have treated me very well so I don't give 2 shlts over the price of gas. What cracks me up was the f_cktard S2000 driver who cut me off this morning for no other reason that he wanted a 7,000 pile of plastic and steel on his a$$. I glued myself to his bmper just to mess with his melon.

I have a S2000, plus I also ride sportbikes in SoCal freeways. When I ride or drive a small car it's not hard to remember. Big car bad, stay the F away.

My brother drives a H1 Alpha, he lives and runs his business in Los Angeles. For rush hour traffic that is a great vehicle. Decent view, if you want to change lanes , hit the turn signal and move over. If you want to stay in the lane and argue with a 8,200 pound car , good luck.

Until the tree huggers manage to ban gasoline powered cars I will drive what I want depending on my mood. Besides as a surfer global warming is good, the waters off SoCal need to warm to Hawaii temps.
Haha, I actually had some idiot try that on me in his H2. I'm driving my dads old beat up Ram extended cab towing a trailer. Asshole looks right at me and starts edging over. I just laughed and went along on my way. No way in hell said loser is actually going to use his 6000 lb shiney over priced yuppie mobile as a battering ram. Funny thing was after I went by he didn't see the trailer (hard to miss a 20 foot flat bed trailer, but I guess its possible if you're an impatient asshole pissed of because you couldn't just run people off the road). I'd love to see that sheet metal fold up on the solid steel frame. In the Accord I'd do the exact same thing, it's old and could use a free paint job.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=y2ks2k,May 28 2007, 10:59 AM] ...
The 5
Old 05-29-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdelena,May 29 2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry, but with low class comments like that how do you expect to be taken seriously?

This is the USA and no one told you what to spend your dollars on, so maybe you need to temper your opinion about how others spend.

We all pay for fuel and fuel tax at the pump. If you think the tax is too low (WA has the highest) or vehicles should be taxed by size, then I suggest you make a case, but freedom of choice is what we get in this country.

I am not a truck person myself, but then I am sure that many of them think my S2000 is silly, getting just adequate mileage with poor capacity and flexibility.
ah but it was pretty funny ha
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of these trucks are dangerous, and many owners insist on driving fast.

In the end as more and more of these suvs/trucks are required to be built with more safety equipment (via consumer want or gov.) weight will increase steadily. Having said that with the new focus on fuel efficiency it will be incredibly hard for any huge massive 4k lb + SUV/TRUCK to get 35+ mpg consistently with new EPA rules in place (not just highway). As this happens the manufacturer will end up cutting the trucks/suvs down to size (unless your Toyota). This also does not take into affect gas prices, and if such a day that $5/gallon is the norm you can best bet consumers will no longer buy huge honking moon lander trucks.

But why would the manf. themselves cut the vehicle size down? Because the likes of Ford/GM/Chrysler will find it costs less than trying to improve engine efficiency.

One day humans will look back and wonder WTF was humanity thinking driving a duely in rush hour traffic or driving their 7 inch lifted pickup to the corner grocery. I also see the day that high performance cars will get the BEST gas mileage of all cars.

It's much easier enable a high mpg on a car like a Ferrari/Lambo than it is on an SUV. Thats why exotic/consumer race cars will survive. They'll just get lighter and lighter and will be able to take full advantage of new engine technologies.

I say let it come, bring on the $5/gal gas, force manuf. to put out high mpg vehicles, force the cost of materials higher. I'm not afraid.

Oh yeah, did i mention that these heavy vehicles are dangerous? Yeah I'll save that talk for later.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by cdelena,May 29 2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry, but with low class comments like that how do you expect to be taken seriously?
But.... this guy is... seriously... really.. no kidding...

QQ
Old 05-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Quick note: S2000 owners should ever talk about fuel efficency hahaha

I was lucky to get 8mpg on the track

My average on the road was 17mpg for the entire time I owned them which is worse then my Pilot

Quick Reply: Why pick on SUV's.. what about trucks?