Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

wrecked 350Z

Old 07-27-2004, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....wrecked?????

I thought those were all stock body kits.......

Old 07-27-2004, 02:33 PM

this is sorta funny except i share the road with these people every day
Old 07-27-2004, 06:35 PM

Interesting pics, all the cars have significant damage on the driver's side of the car. That's strange because you would think the driver would try to keep the impact away from themself. Looks like a major control (or loss of) issue.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:12 PM

Sorry dad, I should have listen when you said don't ArmorAll the whole tires...

BTW the WRX RE-92 tire debate still goes on. I have never had a single issue with mine and they have 20k on them. n00B owners!
Old 07-27-2004, 07:29 PM

Now they have no excuse for not buying me an M3. Stupid parents.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:56 PM

its funny how many people who loan, finance, lease a car think that they actually afforded a car and think they are better than people who bought cars through their parents help.

no no no..you are in the same boat.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:15 AM

its one thing to work for what you have, its another to have it thrown in your lap. im assuming your fortunate enough for the later. therefore cant possible know how the first feels.

Hammad
Old 07-28-2004, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by aerohit,Jul 28 2004, 01:56 AM
its funny how many people who loan, finance, lease a car think that they actually afforded a car and think they are better than people who bought cars through their parents help.

Actually, there's a big difference. It's called a car payment. I know this because I've had both scenarios in life. Yes, my first car was purchased by my parents. It was free. FREE. I paid for insurance, gas, maintenance, etc., but what would have amounted to the largest monthly expense (the car payment) was covered by my parents.

This is my 3rd car. I purchased the car after graduating from college and working like a dog at my job for 4 years (while driving an 8 year old car). I saved and scrimped, and put a substantial down payment on the S, then financed the rest. Each month I (me, personally) receive an invoice from American Honda. I pay interest on my loan. Trust me, I liked it a lot better when those envelopes DIDN'T show up every month.

To think that having one's parents purchase a car and financing/leasing a car is "in the same boat" is pure fantasy. Obviously, you've never bought your own car.

edit: P.S. - the pictures and subsequent captions were meant to be funny. Geez.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:16 AM

Thing that pisses me off most about this and other crashes like it is that it's an utter an complete waste of not only a capable car, but all the materials used to make it. The guts of that thing are now relegated to a junk yard for who knows how many decades.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aerohit,Jul 27 2004, 10:56 PM

uh, because we did actually "afforded" the car. (afforded, you simpleton)

We pay money we work for, and in exchange we get a car. Many of us could pay CASH for one, but with rates so low, financing makes sense. I don't know about you, but my credit is so good I borrow at 3.5%. I invest the cash I have for a (hopeful) 8%.

no, people who finance vs people who leech off dad are not in the same boat.

Quick Reply: wrecked 350Z